Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A52 call volume too loud

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 07:55 PM)
klyhne
Journeyman
Options

I recently bought a galaxy A52 and noticed that the in-call volume is ridiculously loud. I have my volume turned all the way down and when I answer a call it feels like the person on the other end is yelling at me. Is there any way to get the volume even lower??

15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

While within an active call is it at that point your turning down the volume @klyhne  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@klyhne: Further to the reply by @BandOfBrothers, try pressing the Volume Down button on the side of the phone when a call is active to reduce the speaker volume. I'd also check to make sure that the 'Speaker' icon isn't highlighted, just in case you've accidentally placed the call on speaker phone. 

klyhne
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I pressed the volume down during a call, and no it is not on speaker. I also went into developer options to try to find a way to turn it down there but nothing worked.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is most definitely a new one for me.

We normally see problems connected to the call volume being too quiet !

Can you ask someone with you to take control of the phone call to see if they agree the call volume is too loud.

There is a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App under GetHelp Section and Diagnostic that tests things there.

If so I'm not sure how your going to resolve this apart from maybe asking at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

klyhne
Journeyman
Options

I was on a call in the same room as my mom a few days ago and she could hear everything the person on the other end was saying. I tried the diagnostic tool too and weirdly the sound level was okay in it.

Like you said I guess my next step is contacting their service centre.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
That or return the phone if it was purchased recently and ask for a replacement.

klyhne
Journeyman
Options

Okay I might try that as the closest service centre to me is over an hour away. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @klyhne 

Would you let us know how you get on please  ?

Solution
klyhne
Journeyman
Options

Finally dealt with this. I took it back to where I bought it and the tech guy there tested it and agreed it was too loud and couldn't find a way to fix it so they replaced it for me. The new phone seems to be working just fine thankfully!