Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 5G Where to add another Facebook account?

(Topic created on: 20-09-2021 01:41 PM)
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Hi everyone,

I read somewhere that one is able to add a secondary Facebook account to Samsung Galaxy A52 5G, but one I do not find to place where to do so!

Please could some one help me?

There were also some other social media accounts which one could add another account as well.

Which were they? WhatsApp? Twitter? Instagram? 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
dven
Apprentice
Options
Is it 'Dual Messenger' you're looking for? It's in 'Advanced Features', if it is.
0 Likes
SimonFS
Apprentice
Options

You can add multiple facebook accounts, in the FB app, or add account in settings, but when using FB to login to companion apps, etc. there is the potential for confusion or accessing the wrong account, not sure if FB has a default account it uses. If you are after a hard separation, consider using Samsung Knox, no available on A52 5G in there you can create completely separate accounts, and the two do not link. Useful if you have a work and personal profile, or for added privacy 😉 

0 Likes
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Thank you Dven and SimonFS for your answers! Yes you got it right, I am looking for extra privacy! 😊 (In case there is any privacy really left in the world wide web anymore.. while Google is all over.. Android, Gmail, YouTube..  Facebook yet separate from those, but who knows..)

About Knox! That sounds like an interesting idea! Have not so far used Knox at all! Thought that is was mainly to save secret files in there? But one could also have apps in there? Or somehow accounts for apps like Facebook? 🤓

Ps. In the meanwhile found this kind of hint from autumn 2020 https://www.google.com/amp/s/mashtips.com/use-two-facebook-accounts-android/%3famp

But I wonder is that an OK option still? Tried that one and it suggests at first that I would log in by my main account.  Asks though if I would like to add another account. 

Is it that chance for confusing you SimonFS meant? That one however would log in to another account one was aiming to log in 🙂

0 Likes
SimonFS
Apprentice
Options

Anonymity is nigh on impossible these days, I feel ya pain! But Knox supports accounts, Apps, Browsers etc. that are entirely separate those on your main phone, I use a separate (isolated) Google account for Chrome, Play Store, Gmail (everything) within Knox, this is not visible anywhere on phone, unless you access Knox, so this maybe the route for you, if I read you right!

*Tip have a different PIN/password for Knox to your phone, it can be backed up and transferred to a new phone in the future, but you will lose access if you forget the password.

I don't like the Facebook 2nd acct option, inherits all your permissions, apps, cookies etc. unless you know how to navigate FB Privacy and Security setting (or have a degree in Black Magic!) I wouldn't trust FB with sensitive or personally identifiable data.

Good luck.