Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 5G screen flickering

(Topic created on: 28-11-2021 04:57 PM)
techjaxxuk
Explorer
Options
Hi,

Every now and then my screen keeps flickering weird colours (as if you've broken a TV screen with those colourful lines etc, see attached image from Google)

My screen isn't broken or anything and has been in good condition.

76 REPLIES 76
triskele10
Apprentice
Options

Mine also does it, but only when I have a bad mobile connection. Like edge.

It only happens when I work in Germany.

When I'm back in The Netherlands, I have a very good connection (5g) and it never happens.

0 Likes
triskele10
Apprentice
Options

Just checked at home.

When I turn off WiFi and switch to 2G only, my screen immediately starts flickering.

So in my case it's more like a 2G antenna issue.

Michele-B
Pioneer
Options

Same problem here. The half bottom part of the screen flickers, usally when i'm making a call, nothing seems to fix it. 

RachelP1
Student
Options

Just wondering if you discovered what the problem is. My S8 does the same and this is the only other example I've found. Many thanks.

JessedeLouw
Apprentice
Options

yeah they found the problem, seems that there was a loose wire inside the phone. This is a common problem with those phones. The company is taking care of the problem and after they did, they will send it back to my home. 

RachelP1
Student
Options

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Inge3
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. Same here. Going to send it back, even though it's such a shame now that I've put good screen and camera protectors. Did they give you a new phone? I'd guess so, given that this issue appears while the phones are brand new

Inge3
Apprentice
Options

Same issue. Upon returning the phone for a review by an official representative of Samsung, it appears that this is a hardware issue.
Unfortunately they want to just repair the phone and give it back to me instead of giving me a new phone. Quite disappointing, since I basically now own a brand new, yet repaired phone. If I wanted something like that I could have bought one second hand phone at a fraction of that price.

Michele-B
Pioneer
Options

Did they fixed it? What did they do?

0 Likes
Inge3
Apprentice
Options

Yes, they fixed it, but I wanted a replacement instead. I didn't buy a brand-new phone to get a 'fixed one'. But apparently this is Samsung's approach to this issue and their policy doesn't replace new, faulty phones; they just fix them. Thankfully I bought the phone through a 3rd party site that was offering a guarantee and thus I got my money back plus a 'sorry for your inconvenience' voucher. I'm going to try to buy the phone again just because I got a matching Samsung watch, hoping that this time it won't show any factory faults.

0 Likes