Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 5G screen flickering

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 02:08 PM)
techjaxxuk
Explorer
Options
Hi,

Every now and then my screen keeps flickering weird colours (as if you've broken a TV screen with those colourful lines etc, see attached image from Google)

My screen isn't broken or anything and has been in good condition.

76 REPLIES 76
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I would get that booked for a warranty repair... if there are no signs of damage I would try get that looked at.
techjaxxuk
Explorer
Options
There's only a few scratches but tiny. Will it still have warranty if I bought it in April this year?
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Warranty with Samsung phones is 24 months. Light scratches and marks are normally classed as cosmetic wear and tear. Where did you get your phone from? It was brand new from a reputable retailer?
techjaxxuk
Explorer
Options
I got it from Argos, but I'd rather have Samsung do it as I know I can trust them
techjaxxuk
Explorer
Options
Definitely haven't dropped it in water - I had a Motorola a few years a go that I dropped down the toilet by accident 😂😥
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
That's fine, it will still be covered by Samsung. Everything is easier if you have the receipt still.
techjaxxuk
Explorer
Options
Thank you. Is it fine if I have the email receipt?
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I don't know on that to be honest. I would have it printed if you're going to Samsung direct just to be prepared but I think they can tell off the imei when the phone was activated. You should be okay mate.
Eric_
Apprentice
Options

So glad I found this topic, now all we need is a solution. I have the exact same problem! I don't know how you captured the screen when it flickers, because with my phone it happens to erratic and fast to capture. But it shows up exactly as your picture, in terms of colours. With me though, it seems to not take up the whole screen.

So I tried some things.  The hard reboot, power button and volume down until Samsung logo. Adaptive brightness switched off.  Removed some apps I installed last few days, since the problem occurred just today. Not a settings reset or factory reset though. I'm saving that until last.

I'm beginning to get suspicious of the refresh rate of 120 Hz. It seems that with the standard seeing if 60 Hz the problem does not occur.

If it turns out that isn't the solution, although that's not really a solution, more a ugly fix, I'll go and try switching dark mode off...

I definitely did not stop the phone, nor did it have water damage. I'm very careful, I use a bumper/case and a screen protector as well as protective film for the camera.

Will be looking here for updates on the issue...