Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 5G notifications

(Topic created on: 05-09-2021 01:16 PM)
DoNotBuy_A52_5G
Apprentice
Options

Why is there no notification light on the A52 5G, if you have a missed call or text.

What a waste of £340, i regret buying a Samsung!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does something in these links perhaps help in anyway @DoNotBuy_A52_5G  ?

How-to-enable-led-notification-edge-lighting-on-galaxy-a52. 

And How-put-notification-light-samsung-galaxy-a32-a42-a52-and-a72. 

And How-to-enable-led-notification-edge-lighting-samsung-a52-and-galaxy-a52-5g. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DoNotBuy_A52_5G
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your suggestions i will give them a try, if it works i will accept the solution. :winking-face:

DonSimon
Explorer
Options
It's not a Blackberry from 2010
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I use holey light on my s10 and s21 as they have no notification light, so even on silent I get an on screen notification.
DoNotBuy_A52_5G
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers Thanks for the suggestions, but they only seem to work when i get a notification, if the phone is on silence, i see nothing, basically it's a door stopper, brick, etc 😞

@ pete007 I guess i will also have to try a app to overcome my problem, thanks for the suggestion.

This is a pretty pee poor performance from Samsung, for a mid-range phone you expect to get all the bells and whistles, i now totally regret buying a Samsung, i knew i should have bought another Huawei, a phone that works straight out of the box.

My only hope now is the wizards at XDA are able to root the phone and provide us with a better rom than this stupid one ui 3.1.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@DoNotBuy_A52_5G: Sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the absence of this feature. While it isn't the same as having a constant LED to notify you of missed notifications, there are a couple of things that you can enable to help you.

1. Settings > Accessibility > Advanced Settings > Flash Notification > Enable Camera Flash, Screen Flash, or both. 

2. Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Alert When Phone Picked Up

3. Settings > Notifications > Advanced Settings > Notification Reminders > On > Set the reminder period, and select the apps you want reminders for. 

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
DoNotBuy_A52_5G
Apprentice
Options
thanks for the replies, going to sell on ebay, just bought another Huawei :winking-face:
Samsung no more, see yah!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok @DoNotBuy_A52_5G 

I respect your eventual decision.

Please be very careful however with selling phone's on ebay. Lots of scams and people saying they didn't receive the phone etc.

Best of luck 👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes