Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 5G microphone issues when talking from afar

(Topic created on: 14-05-2021 10:01 PM)
st1led
Journeyman
Options

I just bought an A52 5G and I'm experiencing some issues with the microphone when talking on speaker, e.g., video calls on WhatsApp or similar).

It looks like phone is always using the "regular" microphone with noise cancellation and never switches to those with the far field pickup. The result is that if I don't talk very close to the phone others can't hear me at all, hear cut offs, or a very muffled/metallic voice. I also tested this myself.

I tried testing the microphones on the audio loopback interface dialing *#0283# and selecting the two microphones to hear me back talking. They seem to both work as intended, but it's clear from there that the phone is always using RCV_1stMic (what looks like the microphone with noise cancellation used when talking with the phone close to the ears), and never switches to SPK_2ndMic (what looks like the microphone with the far field pickup). I'm pretty sure that the OS should switch automatically between the two depending on whether or not the speakers or on. I can't really find any option to set a "default" microphone or anything, and I'm not sure there should really be one at all.

At least, it doesn't look like an hardware problem to warrant return, but I'm a bit concerned that this might be something for which I need to wait for an OS update -- which might just never happen.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

20 REPLIES 20
Abdul Salam
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue with A52s, Samsung need to address it ASAP.

0 Likes