Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52 5G Hotspot Issue since August Update

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 10:06 PM)
Billy323
Student
Options

Just got the August update last night and now mobile hotspot refuses to turn on if I have it set to prefer 5Ghz. If I chage the setting to 2.4Ghz it works fine but as soon as I try 5 it switches off and will not turn back on, the toggle switches on momentarly then switches itself back off. Is there anyway to report bugs to an official channel or does anyone here have a fix for the issue. Thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14
littletime
Journeyman
Options

I confirm I have same issue and also found hotspot is operable when switching band. The apparent lack of testing on the part of Samsung has dented my confidence in the brand.

littletime
Journeyman
Options

There is a Samsung Members app on the device. You can use that to report bugs.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Billy323: To report this issue, please press and hold on the Samsung Members app icon > Error Reports > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data, and follow the on screen instructions. Please do this within 15 minutes of the issue occurring to capture the relevant data, and our experts will be able to look into this further for you. 

0 Likes
YasenTeitoku
First Poster
Options

I today updated and have the exact same problem, really not happy.

Billy323
Student
Options
I have reported it through the app and so have others on Reddit so hopefully it's fixed for the next update
DT21
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem so have followed the instructions to send an error report. Really need this fixed as I use this to work when I'm away from the office.

0 Likes
Rebreather
Journeyman
Options
Just updated my A52 and the sane occurred
EricA2
First Poster
Options

Same issue, worked fine before the update was really enjoying my new phone, as soon as I updated the hotspot stopped working, switched it to 2.4 after factory resetting to try and fix it, the 5 ghz band has stopped working same issue it flicks on for a second and straight off, they need to sort this ASAP. 

lorenzov90
First Poster
Options

Same here

0 Likes