Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A52 5G Assigning different ringtones to contacts

(Topic created on: 08-05-2021 02:11 PM)
Members_HVFDv54
Student
Options

Can you actually do this on the A52 5G?

Have tried following suggestions but there is no option to set the ringtone?

Transferred everything including contacts from my old Galaxy A7 2018. Could this be anything to do with it, although different ringtones for contacts worked perfectly on it?!!

Help

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Members_HVFDv54
Student
Options

Have sorted this myself!

In case anybody has the same problem:-

Go to Settings, Apps, Contacts & the Permissions. Files & media should be under the "Allowed" section. To move simply tap on them. I also moved Camera there as well.

Piece of cake!!!!

grim74
First Poster
Options
Just tried your solution and still nothing. Aarrrrrr
0 Likes
MikeLieberman
First Poster
Options

There is no "Files & media" option of any type in contacts or phone on my A52-5G running Android 11.

Still stuck.

AED55
First Poster
Options

I wish that people would be a little more precise!  On my new phone the permission is called "Storage"  (not "Files & media") and after adding it to the  allowed section I can now set custom ringtones for my contacts!

Odin2
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20210728-205347_Contacts.jpg

trying to customise contact ringtone for  galaxy a52 . There is no option for ringtone.  Pls help!

EPZombie51
First Poster
Options

I just did this, click on "Allow storage permissions", allow, and then find your ringtone and save.

0 Likes
Ladybug1
First Poster
Options

Click on the Allow Storage Permissions tab shown in your screen shot.  Follow the directions.  After that you will see a Ringtone tab for all of your contacts.  I used Zedge to select a ringtone and assign it to the contact I wanted. 

0 Likes
jmcdhome
Apprentice
Options

Where do you see this screenshot. I can't find it at any of the paths others have said

0 Likes
Nakkas
First Poster
Options

Thanks. Worked first time. Remember, Settings, then Apps, Then contacts, then permissions. Files and media should be allowed

0 Likes