Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Using Voice to answer or reject calls

(Topic created on: 13-08-2020 03:50 PM)
shelby3
Student
Options

Hi All ...Looking for your support on the following problem I am having with my new A51 .

I want to be able to use my voice to say answer or reject incoming calls, when they are announced.   I previously had another samsung that allowed me to do this. 

Bixby is not an option and I have downloaded ok google but cant get it to answer or decline on my voice command. 

I'm not great with phones and could really do with a step by step guide to get this option set up. 

Thanks in advance 

Sylv

5 REPLIES 5
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

It looks like Bixby has this option and google assistant doesn't.

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9071678?hl=en&ref_topic=9071676

20200813_083627.jpg

 bixby

20200813_083638.jpg

 google assistant

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@shelby3: Can you try opening the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Answering and Ending Calls > Read Caller Names Aloud > On, to see if this helps at all? This won't allow you to reject an incoming call unfortunately, but it's a step in the right direction.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Read caller name aloud, This will verbally say the name of the person calling but will not answer or reject calls.

0 Likes
shelby3
Student
Options

Thanks to you both. Yes I have activated the announcer section Andrew L, and it announces who is calling correctly.  Je655 ... Bixby just doesn't seem to work very well, even when I speak slowly etc..and ends up doing all sorts or nothing at all !

As you correctly pointed out Ok Google doesnt seem to have the reject option. Any other ideas greatly appreciated 

ljubobike
Student
Options

same with my s10e. I had a5 2017, and it was really good option, answer call call by voice command.

I work in rope access industry, Can not answer with hands when I work, I hold ropes, tools, hands are dirty...Some *****s remove options on new, more expensive phones, stupid decision.

0 Likes