Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 speech to text.

(Topic created on: 28-08-2020 03:40 PM)
Headlong145
First Poster
Options

Having a problem with using speech-to-text on the A51.  
Voice recognition works with Bixby, Google Translate  and "Hey Google" but doesn't in Messenger, Whatsapp, Messaging, GMail

Have changed the keyboard settings several times hoping an "off and on again" approach might work.... it didn't.

Any suggestions to change this would be appreciated

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Headlong145 

Did you manage to get this sorted or are you still having the same issue?

0 Likes
Headlong145
First Poster
Options

Sort of.  Have figured it can be done through Bixby but I need to hold the side button down to do it.

0 Likes
Rayg
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue
0 Likes
Alavi405
Student
Options

Hi,

I can not use voicing input in my SAMSUNG Galaxy A51.

Of course in home page in google address bar it works but in Message, in Whatsapp and so on it doesn't work!

Would you please help me?

Regards,

0 Likes
YektaB
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the very same problem. I have been trying to fix this ever since I got my A51, but couldn't even get it working once! This is really annoying!

0 Likes
Alavi405
Student
Options

Hi,

Fortunately, two days ago I received a software update announcement from Samsung in my phone and after updating the software, its keyboard updated and this problem was solved. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
needsmorecoffee
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, there is no option for me to start a new topic to post this question to the community on here which is very frustrating. I have a new Galaxy a 51 and I found that the  Speech to text recognition is terrible. It doesn't recognize punctuation at all, and does not seem to know how to spell barely any words. Super frustrating. Looking for some type of plugin that I can use while composing emails and texts on this phone that will improve this period it's really atrocious.

0 Likes
teemc
First Poster
Options
same even considering getting a different brand as i use it alot.
Was hoping latest update would revert it back yet still total rubbish
0 Likes
TeemuKerola
First Poster
Options

My voice input works in my new A51 5G, but only in English plus a few more languages. In my old A40 it worked also in very many languages, inluding Finnish. Really annoying to go back to typing. Any help coming?

0 Likes