Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 speaker randomly cuts out

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 02:53 PM)
Amstrum
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the A51, I do enjoy it despite its little flaws like the fingerprint sensor not liking the same print in the same position etc but my main fault is the speaker.

Any app, any function and it can randomly cut out, I've been on loudspeaker calls and its go off, YouTube vids, video calls, music player to and even if headphones are plugged it the sound through them will go off to.

I'm guessing it's a software issue somewhere, I've followed other suggestions regarding developer options, don't route to usb device, turn of mute sensor when moving phone etc but it still happens.

Phone will be sat there, playing audio and then the audio just stops, to get sound back is to restart the phone and although its pretty quick at restarting its still annoying that it needs to be done.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Amstrum, have you tried the hardware test? Samsung Members app > Get Help  > Go to Phone care  > Interactive checks > Speaker. It'll play a loud sound when you tap the speaker option. 

I just want to rule out any hardware issues. 

0 Likes
Amstrum
First Poster
Options
yep, first thing I tried.
its a weird fault because I can go days or weeks with it being fine and then during use the speaker just stops.
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Cheers, have you tried Safe mode? Of course this will disable third party apps, so you won't be able to use them, but you could certainly test the calls and music. I do understand it seems to be quite random, so you might have to test it every few days if possible.

0 Likes
Amstrum
First Poster
Options
OK I've been trying it on safe mode for an hour per day.
whats typical though is that since posting this it hasn't played up once!!!
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks, @Amstrum.

Ah that's expected, but hopefully it's all good now!

0 Likes