Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A51 not receiving calls HELP

(Topic created on: 28-07-2022 11:35 PM)
Akd54
First Poster
Options

Hi! 

I have a galaxy A51 from Australia (international model) that is unlocked. 

Model SM-a515F

I now live in the US and did an update mid July.

Update is Android 12 One UI 4.1

Since the update I have not been able to recieve any phone calls. Some calls go through some don't. They only go through immediately after I turn on and off airplane mode.

Some texts don't come through.

I have spent what feels like days with Tmobile getting them to try and help. Network resets etc

I tried to boot Odin and roll back my software. I made sure it was for the correct device but it booted up and said the software was corrupt. No idea how that works as I downloaded it all legit.

I am about to throw this brand new phone that is just out of warrenty out the window. 

What in the world can I do? I have to buy a burner phone to make sure I can recieve calls!! 

Will there be a new update for this? 

Put Android 12 back on and still the same issue. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately sometimes issues can arise with phone's that have been released to work in one region then being imported to be used in another as some networks in the other region may struggle with the bands etc that the phone uses.

However that's not always the case @Akd54 

You could try a sim swap to replace the sim card just to rule out a sim card issue. 

T-Mobile can do this for you.

As the phone is unlocked to all networks try another networks sim card in it and then see what happens.

Also in the UK I found that the warranty didn't apply to a Samsung Note phone I imported in from Hong Kong so no support.

You could try the Samsung Band Selection app which might help. It's in the Playstore.

samsung_band_selection_app. 

Other than that you may have to see if the next update from the original region the phone was released in sends out a new update that helps.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately sometimes issues can arise with phone's that have been released to work in one region then being imported to be used in another as some networks in the other region may struggle with the bands etc that the phone uses.

However that's not always the case @Akd54 

You could try a sim swap to replace the sim card just to rule out a sim card issue. 

T-Mobile can do this for you.

As the phone is unlocked to all networks try another networks sim card in it and then see what happens.

Also in the UK I found that the warranty didn't apply to a Samsung Note phone I imported in from Hong Kong so no support.

You could try the Samsung Band Selection app which might help. It's in the Playstore.

samsung_band_selection_app. 

Other than that you may have to see if the next update from the original region the phone was released in sends out a new update that helps.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Akd54
First Poster
Options

Thanks mate! Tried a new sim card and a different network today. No joy with any of that.

Any chance you know  to check when the next update is released from the original origin? And if so, how am I able to access that if I'm in a different country?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate any advice! 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When the update is released in the country of origin your phone will automatically recieve it @Akd54 

Mine did. 

You don't have to do anything.

In regards to software release dates Samsung don't supply these however youbmaybe able to get an idea via looking on sites such as sammobile.com 

0 Likes
Avgustine
Explorer
Options

Same issue man.

Phone bought in Russia. Made and update 2 weeks ago. No calls and texts. That's really sad and rendering device useless. They should release hot fix asap imo.

0 Likes