Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Call barring issue

(Topic created on: 08-07-2020 08:41 PM)
GinLondon
First Poster
Options

Help please, my A51 opens countless pages and links while I am talking on the phone.  Either this or today's update has created an issue with call barring.  I cannot call out as calls are barred so I go to the phone call settings 'supplementary services' and call barring is not switched off.  Worse, I cannot do anything because it wants a 4 digit password that I don't have.  Is my only option to do a factory reset?  

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm wondering if the 4 digit password is the sim pin which is a security feature to stop a person inserting the sim into another phone.

Is that feature turned On ?

Before a factory reset first try clearing the system cache files via turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache files. No info is lost this way.

A very last resort is to back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can help too.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GinLondon
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the advice. 

I checked and the sim pin is not activated (clearly I was unaware of all the things a phone could have!) but while I was looking for this setting I noticed that my phone number comes up as unknown.  I wonder if this is the reason I cannot make phone calls.  I ejected and reinstalled the sim card and restarted the phone in hopes, but still I can not make phone calls.  

I've just tried putting the sim card in another phone and it is the same  issue, so maybe I need to contact my provider.

0 Likes
GinLondon
First Poster
Options
Turns out that the spending cap was at 0 and even though I was nowhere close to the limit the service provide started barring all my calls. It has been sorted out and wasn't the phone's issue at all.
0 Likes
karren
First Poster
Options
iv got the same problem but I got a letter saying I had 7 days to pay my bill, I paid straight away but iv still got call barring so how do I rectify this problem please?.
0 Likes
GinLondon
First Poster
Options

Hi Karen,

The problem was actually that when I set up the phone I asked to have the amount I was allowed to go over my monthly limit set to £0. And it didn't kick in straight away but a month or two into the new contact I started getting the call barring. After beating my head against the wall between the carphone warehouse and O2, someone finally realised what the problem might be.  I raised the amount allowable to spend over the monthly allowance and the call barring went away. 
Strange but true.
Hope it helps
0 Likes
Members_IpG4OEd
First Poster
Options

For me am still having same problem but I don't what to do I can't make calls and I can't receive calls please can you tell me what to do thanks

0 Likes