Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 14-11-2020 01:17 AM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
maxstolyarov
First Poster
Options

There is a solution to the problem, but it is temporary - you need to change the AAC codec to SBC every time in the developer options section or install the "Bluetooth Scanner" program and manually select the SBC codec in it, then the sound will be played normally

0 Likes
maxstolyarov
First Poster
Options

By the way, the problem turns out to be in the case, as soon as you take it off - the sound plays normally

0 Likes
Members_3ygGEws
First Poster
Options

I've been reading this thread with interest, I have some mifo 07 earbuds.

Same problem, they work fine on other phones.  the (standard provided) gel case seems to affect the bluetooth.  Must be a super cheap BT transmitter in the phone.

0 Likes
AJDEE
First Poster
Options
I am also facing this issue. My beats solo pros keep stuttering when connected to my phone
0 Likes
OscarLiang2
First Poster
Options

it still doesnt work for me...can anyone help me? When I connect my airpods pro, the connection is very labile.

0 Likes
IDKmate
First Poster
Options

@OscarLiang2 wrote:

it still doesnt work for me...can anyone help me? When I connect my airpods pro, the connection is very labile.

For my AirPods I use this solution that one guy shared before:

"There is a solution to the problem, but it is temporary - you need to change the AAC codec to SBC every time in the developer options section or install the "Bluetooth Scanner" program and manually select the SBC codec in it, then the sound will be played normally"

0 Likes
MichFra
First Poster
Options

I just tried this using my Jabra 75t and even if it improves BT connection, it does not fix the issue.

It may help if not using a cover on the phone, but are phones not supposed to work with a cover???

I can send in the phone on warranty and get it checked, but if no fault is detected, I will get invoiced.... Is it even worth a try or should I toss it in a bin?

0 Likes
Hafasa
First Poster
Options

I have a A71 with the same issue, the only way to pair the bluetooth device is to reboot the cellphone, really annoying😶.

After pairing it gets disconnected when the two devices are apart and they don't get automatically connected😖.

Update: A715FXXU3ATI8/A715FOLM3ATI8/A715FXXU3ATI5

October 1, 2020

0 Likes
Flamixx
First Poster
Options

I have problems with airpods2 when the a51 in the case. Dont matter what type of case i tried with thin silicon case and my usual case. Non tws earphones as beats studio3 work fine but this is only in case and with airpods2

apple update it before ios14

a51 has last October update

0 Likes
Ellis1138
First Poster
Options

Count me among the many with a new A51 5G, just got it in October 2020, and it has massive bluetooth issues. It's invisible to my car, while my old J3 worked fine with that. I kind of dislike this new phone, which doesn't work as well as my old $60 one.

0 Likes