Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 25-08-2020 10:57 PM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
ASKZUL
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem here. Sent it to the service center but unfortunately the problem is still there. With all this complains and many more will comes, Samsung please do something !!!! 

pietchaki
Apprentice
Options

When I read your comment I thought "BS, that can never be the cause..."
Just in case I took the phone out of the case and as magic the BT works........ WTH?
I could track it down to the top right corner, close to  the cameras, if I leave that corner out of the case, it works, I put it in, BT starts stuttering ....
Seems to me this is causing the internal Bluetooth antenna to disconnect...
Now the question is, how will Samsung fix it for us????

Woodypw
Student
Options

I'm glad my tip helped someone. Well done tracking it down to the right top corner. Might be a hardware issue so not waiting for a quick fix. 

tom19845
Apprentice
Options
Guys for me, if you remove your case it works fine with a Bluetooth speaker anyway. I tested it by covering the top of the phone and sure enough it started to skip, drop out etc. when I removed my hand it was fine. so not a software issue, Samsung should be recalling all these devices
tom19845
Apprentice
Options
try removing your case, it worked for me, but not an ideal solution, they must be faulty
Gonzo911
First Poster
Options

Samsung A51 has a problem with AirPods 2, it slows down every 1-2 seconds, and sometimes the sound turns off completely, a lot of time has passed, and the problem has not been solved, I will never buy Samsung again!

JanisBum
First Poster
Options

Then there is no need for Bluetooth if you can not use internet connection to stream music from Spotify, or watch Netflix with earphones. I have the same connectivity issue. With samsung A5 2016 everything worked perfectly. 😞

0 Likes
EDG_543
First Poster
Options

Hey, guys! I have had this issue for 4+ months, but today I updated and the issue has been resolved. It updated to the September 1 security patch. Try updating everyone!

0 Likes
romatac
Apprentice
Options

Hello there; I take your word; here is my update:

After 6 weeks of exhausting complaints with Samsung Chile for the A51’s BT failure (2 times the local laboratory couldn’t detect it) I decided to put high pressure on the Company and finally got my money back (I bought it first hand). I even made a video showing the failure evidence (Spanish) : https://bit.ly/2REmO9H

With the refund in hand, I decided to switch to a Galaxy Note 10 and now Bluetooth works perfectly. I suggest that anyone with the same problem, pressures Samsung in their countries as much as possible so that - in case the SEP 2020 system's update doesn't solve the problem - get the A51 money returned and buy another equipment. Good luck!

Nicktendo
First Poster
Options

I too am getting this issue after the September 1 update. The sound on my bluetooth device intermittently cuts out. I have cleared the data and bluetooth cache and reset network settings and removed the case.....4 hours and no issues so far. Im going to put the case back on and see if it comes back. If its a hardware issue? How did some users experience it fixing after the Feb 1 update? Samsung please address this issue.

0 Likes