Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 15-06-2020 09:24 AM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
Pueblos
Journeyman
Options
*****, I wish they could release a fix.
0 Likes
j0bIT
First Poster
Options

After the software update the most bluetooth devices worke. But the airpods still didnt work on Spotify. To solve this bug, you have to go in the spotify settings and set the stream quality to normal.

0 Likes
Pueblos
Journeyman
Options
Is that the software update from yesterday?
0 Likes
KaiA51
Journeyman
Options

Hello guys, just an update from my side:

I returned my A51 as the bluetooth was not working and also apps were not running smoothly. It was no fun to use the device. I think the hardware is just not powerful enough to deal with the bluetooth codec of airpods and also some apps.

So I bought myself an S20 and I am more than happy. Music and all the apps are working great, also with airpods V1 and V2. The only "flaw" is the battery, that is not as great as I thought.

Best regards,

Kai

piechu83
Journeyman
Options
New andr version for A7 solved BT issues for this model.
0 Likes
Andrewkuk
Journeyman
Options

For A51, there is still no solution, bluetooth does not work.

0 Likes
Kunstwirt
Apprentice
Options

Airpods II + A51 - for me it is probably also due to the sleeve (for me 'Spigen Liquid Air' shell, no magnet):

Telephony (also WhatsApp, also on the road) no problem - only music, no matter from which source (own music from the SDHC or from the web) stutters. If I remove the cover, it works (but I haven't tried it 'on the road' yet).

Also funny: occasionally the synchronization between the two pods gets lost and I receive two slightly offset mono channels left+right.

All other BT-devices work fine with the sleeve as well (e.g. 'KLIM Pods' and 'Anker SoundCore Boost').

Now I just assume that

1)  the transmission strength of the BT antennas installed in the A51 is too weak

and

2)  there is a miserable receiver in the AirPods.

Can anyone confirm this?

For me this means: there will be no software solution, by whatever update. Or is there a way to increase the transmitting power of the Bluetooth antenna (without root access)?

(Build A515FXXU3BTD4)

Andrewkuk
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I also have a problem with AirPods 2.
And without a case, a problem.
And without movement, the music stutters.
Telephony (also WhatsApp, also on the road) no problem - only music.

Now my phone is in the service center, they have confirmed the problem, they are waiting for advice from the main office what to do with it.

Chris-Tophe
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me with:
- Samsung Galaxy A51

- Pioneer mvh x580dab (No problem with other bluetooth receivers)

- Cellularline Tetra Force Case

- A small adhesive magnet (or just metallic) on the the case because of the car smartphone support

Everything works well for a while, it can be 30 minutes (very rare) or 2 minutes, then bluetooth starts stuttering every few seconds (inaudible). As soon as I remove the case it works fine (tested once this morning, I hope it will be reproducible).

I will probably do a video soon. I'm happy at least to have found the issue thanks to this forum. I still don't know what I will do, change the smartphone case ? Change the magnetic support ? I will study a bit further and keep you aware of my results.

Noaid2
Student
Options

I bought A51 on February.  There was and update - installed immediatelly. From that time all my BT audio devices worked correctly (car, Fiio BTR3, Fiio Q5s) and I had no such problems like others.

But I had other similar - heavy stuttering when using LDAC BT codec set on highest quality 990kbps.

When set on 660kbps or lower or adaptive then it works. 

The same behavior is reported also on some other Samsung models with Android 10.

I see some probably system processes ocupy processor and this may be the reason. Looks like bug in Samsung's Android 10.

0 Likes