Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 03:39 AM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
Shubhamoykayal
Student
Options
I also face same problem from india
Mike652
First Poster
Options

yes I was having the same issues I hope they can send an update on the software to fix the bug. 🐛 

0 Likes
RuanL
First Poster
Options

Every. Single. Bluetooth. Device is lagging! Instagram scroll lags. Opening apps lags. One word for the Galaxy A51 - lag.

Seriously. This phone is the worst quality Samsung I've ever owned.

Sandra_25
Journeyman
Options

Wow, I can't believe what I just found out. If I remove my case the Bluetooth stuttering completely stops. I tried with 3 different cases (some thinner, some thicker) and always the same result. If I remove the case Bluetooth works completely without any problem but with the case, everything stutters. 

Then I tried the case from my Galaxy S10+ as it has the same size. With my S10+ the Bluetooth headset works without any problems even with the case. Also, only stuttering on the A51.

My conclusion is that it is definitely a hardware problem. The built-in Bluetooth antenna is *****. Even the thinnest case can cause a connection to fail. I would never use my phone without a case, so I'm returning the device.

Andrewkuk
Journeyman
Options

Bluetooth lagging 

0 Likes
Pueblos
Journeyman
Options

That's very interesting Sandra. I was trying to use my A51 in my car yesterday but it kept saying the phone was not connected. I checked my phone's bluetooth settings and it said my phone was connected to my car phone. So I tried dialing my friend but nothing. Then, after driving for 3 to 5 minutes, it suddenly woke up and dialled my friend automatically. So that makes me thing you are correct and the bluetooth conectivity in the A51 is very weak. Pity, as it is an awesome phone in every other way. I'll try taking the phone case off and see if that helps.

A_K1989
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I purchased my new samsung A51 in the month of may 2020 . I am surprised to see that the blutooth is not working properly and while playing audio with speakers or headset it disconnects automatically. It's so pathetic. Something is wrong with the hardware because as I remove the cover it works normally. Somewhere near camera part of u cover while playing the audio will get disconnected. Samsung u need to so something for this. This was not expected from you. 

Jaiby
First Poster
Options

It seems like an issue with all A51.... sadly this phone is great ither wise. Except for this bluetioth issue and battery back up. Hopefulky we get a bug fix

Andrewkuk
Journeyman
Options

I do not understand why Samsung does not recognize the problem?
Now my phone is in the service center.
The manager even told me that Samsung only works well with bluetooth headphones from Samsung, but after I demanded an official letter with this statement, he changed his mind.

Andrewkuk
Journeyman
Options
The bluetooth problem exists after all updates.
0 Likes