Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 11:30 AM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
KaiA51
Journeyman
Options

But the update does not fix this, even if it would be rolled out in the UK. I am sitting here with my A51 and I am super disappointed. I had the A5 before and everything worked fine. Plus, I watched tons of youtube reviews on the A51, no one mentioned the bluetooth issues, that seem to be present. What a nightmare. I had a similar problem with a nokia phone 6 years ago. I invested hours in it and they never fixed it. Well seems like it was a bad idea to upgrade phones :((((((((((

0 Likes
Adriano a52s mint
Journeyman
Options
I too had this issue when I first bought the phone in the UK but I've been pushed an update from Samsung which has fixed this completely so it's coming to you soon.
0 Likes
KaiA51
Journeyman
Options

Are you using Airpods?

0 Likes
Panda712
First Poster
Options
Creative Outlier Air
0 Likes
Panda712
First Poster
Options
I just wish Samsung would admit there is a problem
0 Likes
Panda712
First Poster
Options
I've been on the phone again today and insisted this be escalated as the phone is not fit for purpose and I don't want a replacement. As I received a £60 trade in allowance a full refund seems to be beyond their capability without trying to get my old phone sent back to me. Very disappointed with Samsung's response
0 Likes
Bookwanderer
First Poster
Options

My phone is still glitching, what do I do?

0 Likes
KaiA51
Journeyman
Options

I will try to return the phone. Its very annoying to be the beta tester for important features.

0 Likes
Adriano a52s mint
Journeyman
Options
Where are you situated.
0 Likes
KaiA51
Journeyman
Options

Switzerland. I got the update and installed it. While using airpods the sound playback is stuttering and glitching. Especially when using wifi functions or passing by other people that use bluetooth headphones. With my old A5, this was never an issue. Listening to music is one of the most important features on a phone to me.

0 Likes