Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 01-02-2020 11:10 AM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
M0rix
Explorer
Options

I would like to know about factory standards. I think one of them is please never turn on your phone.:fisted-hand:
It is incredible in the 21s century that you can't use your Bluetooth and Wifi together.:face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Brkkck
Explorer
Options

It was by far the stupidest customer service experience ever.

0 Likes
MightyAli
Pioneer
Options

Friends,

let me make this easy on you. The only one who can fix this issue is the software team. I'm very positive it is a software issue. There is no point in taking the device to the customer service. They will not be able to help you as it is out of their capabilities. The only thing we can do, as suggested by the moderators, is to submit the error logs from the Samsung Members app in hope a fix will be pushed soon as a software update. If you can't wait for a fix, I suggest you to return the phone,  if you can, or just turn the WIFI off as a temporary solution. So, please let us keep this thread more formal and be more logical about it. Samsung is a wonderful brand and I've been using their phones for so long, hopefully whatever happened during the manufacturing of this phone, doesn't happen again. Everyone makes mistakes and that is ok. If you in an absolutely need for Bluetooth, then you can the try the above solution, or get a different phone.

0 Likes
M0rix
Explorer
Options

I know it's a software issue(because I am a software engineer, more than ten years). But if we never complain about these problems, they never care about our problems. I reported my issues with the Samsung member application, but alway they told me, call the customer service.
I suppose Samsung should provide a place for professional users to report their issues directly to the engineers(Samsung member is a one-way place) Because many problems should describe to the manager step by step. I know they have strict test protocol, but sometimes they need other people to test the production.

0 Likes
MightyAli
Pioneer
Options

@M0rix wrote:

I know it's a software issue(because I am a software engineer, more than ten years). But if we never complain about these problems, they never care about our problems. I reported my issues with the Samsung member application, but alway they told me, call the customer service.
I suppose Samsung should provide a place for professional users to report their issues directly to the engineers(Samsung member is a one-way place) Because many problems should describe to the manager step by step. I know they have strict test protocol, but sometimes they need other people to test the production.

Understandable, hopefully everything will be fixed soon.

0 Likes
Cryoera
Student
Options

I get A51 today and I was aware of this Bluetooth issue it is all about software, The issue is started after the last security update installed so I guess the solution is installing older stock rom back. I tried Bluetooth with my jbl free wireless headphones and there was not an issue till I update software.

Cryoera
Student
Options

in addition, I just noticed there is not stock rom that not include the latest security patch so we just should be patient and wait for new updates.

And I was using Galaxy Note 8 and I can say surely that Sound quality is better from the note 8 with A51 both quality and volume is better but this disconnection issue is annoying.

JuleZ-
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my newly bought A51. Additionally, I can confirm that this issue does not occur when Wifi is turned off. Therefore this thread seems to be right: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A-Series/Galaxy-A51-Bluetooth-and-WiFi-issues-Causes-and-...

Samsung please fix this issue asap. With Bluetooth headphones becoming increasingly popular this is just unacceptable. If this issue remains I see myself forced to return the phone.

Student
Options

Even I also have bluetooth issues... it keeps on stuttering while connected to car.... how to fix it?

0 Likes
M0rix
Explorer
Options
0 Likes