Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 5G slow WiFi

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 10:13 PM)
timney87
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've had my Galaxy A51 5G less than 2 weeks, bought direct from Samsung, whenever I connect to any WiFi networks I get download speeds of less than 5Mbps (usually less than 2). I have tried several different WiFi networks and several other devices on the same networks that all work as expected. Additionally the phone struggles to pick up nearby networks at times. Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Foxyfox8511
Explorer
Options
@timney87 might sound silly but in connections/then mobile networks select lte/3g/2g(auto connect) by doing this your disabling your 5g,this was happening to me Im guessing the 5g nod in the phones is interfering with the other signals.mines working fine now iv disabled 5g mode
0 Likes
cdestre
Apprentice
Options

I've just bought an A51 5G in France and I also have big issues with the WIFI 2.4G speed: very slow (< 3mbps just in front on the router, where my old A5 2017 is getting 60 mbps). Disabling 5G mobile network didn't help at all. Using the WIFI 5Ghz band seems ok. I also try to reset network settings but no improvment. Basically, WIFI 2.4G is useless: could it be a software/firmware bug or a physical issue with my phone?

0 Likes
cdestre
Apprentice
Options

Some progress: I did a full reset of my A51 5G and no issue with the WIFI 2.4G at the beginning. After some time  and many downloads, the slow WIFI issue came back. During this time,  I also activated bluetooth. When I disable BT, WIFI 2.4G is getting better with random behavior. I guess there is an issue between the two. My firmware is A516BXXU1ATF3.

ecosse01
Voyager
Options
Do you get the same results by simply disabling mobile data from the swipe down menu? I use Bixby rules to auto disable mobile data once within 150m of my router. Saves battery too.

Hope you get it sorted.
cdestre
Apprentice
Options

I didn't try to disable mobile data. I will check. In the mean time, Samsung has just pushed a new firmware version A516BXXU2ATG2 for the A51 5G. It improves my WIFI 2.4 throughput: I wouldn't say that the problem is fully fixed but throughput is way way better than before.

0 Likes
cdestre
Apprentice
Options

The A51 5G WIFI 2.4Ghz throughput issue for my A51 5G is still there: video call on whatsapp is not usable using wifi 2.4G: I made the test with several access points, and my other devices are working fine with it. In front of the access point, connection is shown as 19Mbits/s in wifi settings. Latency is an issue and not stable.  Using wifi 5Ghz is going at 150Mbits/s without any issue. Using mobile connectivity is working well.

I tried the safe mode and first connection with wifi 2.4Ghz was working well but i was only once. Is my phone defective or is it a software/firmware issue?

The last firmware A516BXXU3BTJ1 didn't improve anything.

ricardolbf
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem !

0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I have had an A51 5G for 2 months now without any problems including no problems with wifi speeds. Could it be that you all had dodgy devices?
0 Likes