Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 videos in fast foward, no sound mode.

(Topic created on: 18-04-2020 10:40 AM)
LF93
Journeyman
Options

Since my last update my A50 is playing videos in fast forward mode. The sound will not play either. No sound for alarm, music or videos either. I've reset the phone several times, that helped at first. I removed the SD and sim card, that helped once too. Nothing since despite factory restting the phone. First I had a mic issue which needs repairing and now this, help!!!

56 REPLIES 56
AndrewL
Options
@LF93: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your A50. Regarding your videos, is the problem affecting videos captured on the phone itself, or does it relate to media files (movies/TV)? What app are you using to open the videos?

For your sound issues, please go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, and make sure that the Media and System sliders are at a suitable level. You can also enable 'Use Volume Keys For Media' at this stage to see if you're able to raise the volume in this manner while watching a video. Can you also open the Clock app, tap on an existing alarm and make sure that 'Alarm Sound' is toggled on. Also, if you tap on Alarm Sound, make sure a ringtone has been assigned, and the volume slider at the bottom of the screen is at a suitable level. Let me know how you get.
0 Likes
LF93
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew, 

It's none of what you mentioned. The phone wont even allow me to record video. Sometimes the video plays but it jumps forward by 3-5 second intervals. Other times the phone wont even play the video. I've had previous microphone issues which were not fixed correctly by the phone company engineer so I've had to bring the phone to a third party for that.. and now this. I've rebooted the phone, erased the cache, removed and reinserted the sim and SD card, I've tried the *#0*# menu with no luck either. This is literally only happening since I've updated the phone. Is there a way to uninstall an update to see if that's the issue? I'm extremely unhappy with this phone, nothing but issues the past 10 weeks or so  

keanpadlan2
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem right now. Have you already fixed it sir? Please let me know.

LF93
Journeyman
Options
No, I had to replace the phone. It wasnt fixable.
keanpadlan2
Apprentice
Options

Oh. Thanks for the response sir.

DannyT
Options

Ah yes, if you tried the *#0*# menu, this would usually indicate a hardware issue. Did you get in touch with one of the Support Teams to get this sorted? 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Prince_A50
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same problem since I have updated my mobile.

Videos are platong with heavy speed with no sound.

WhatsApp videos are playing superfastly with no sound.

No able to hear phone calls on either of the speakers...pls help me fix it at once...

keanpadlan2
Apprentice
Options

I still can't fix it myself. I've done factory reset, and restarting my phone many times, but the issue is still there.

taha2
Student
Options

Did you manage to have a solution from samsung  ? I'm having the same problem 

ALOOOO SAMSUNG