Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A50 UK, replace with unlocked German one despite Brexit?

(Topic created on: 18-01-2023 09:45 PM)
Members_mQ0FZWn
Student
Options

Hi,

Despite some hopes and prayers of software, my A50 has hardware damage associated with fake-news overheating, the thermal sensor is damaged.  I have seen the YouTube tutorials about how to scratch out the thermal sensor but am not 100% convinced by the risk this poses.

I instead want to simply replace with an unlocked phone because my contract is pre-Brexit and I spend my time between Germany and UK, and I can't be bothered to switch out the UK contract right now because don't want roaming charges (I've been avoiding upgrading etc for the moment)

Which unlocked models can I do this with? And is there a problem if I order a "German" unlocked a50?
Thanks in advance

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
EU models share the same multi CSC OXM firmware so it will work fine but if used in the UK you will likely not receive software updates unless change the CSC from DBT to BTU

View solution in context

Solution
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
And if you use Samsung pay it will be in German and not support UK banks until you change the CSC, this can be avoided by using Google pay instead

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
EU models share the same multi CSC OXM firmware so it will work fine but if used in the UK you will likely not receive software updates unless change the CSC from DBT to BTU
Solution
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
And if you use Samsung pay it will be in German and not support UK banks until you change the CSC, this can be avoided by using Google pay instead
Members_mQ0FZWn
Student
Options

Perfect thanks so much. Very helpful.