Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 Stopped Charging except through Laptop

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 02:46 AM)
JMK822
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, my A50 has been getting worse for charging recently, and today it finally stopped charging altogether. I have tried various adapters and cords. Nothing seems to matter. The phone says it's charging, but it does not charge. The battery percentage just sits there. When I plug it into my laptop to charge, it says that the "USB device needs more power than the port can supply," and it charges very slowly. I bought this phone only a couple of years ago for over $500. I sure hope there is a viable and free solution, especially given the sheer number of people experiencing this exact same problem. Please help. Thank you.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Bad luck that a Samsung Service Centre is not local enough to use.

May I ask which City you reside in.

You can check for your regions Samsung support number via a Google search and they may offer a service to send the phone to them for support and or walk you through troubleshooting @JMK822 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JMK822
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the tip. I live in Quesnel, BC Canada atm. There is probably a centre in the city about 1he 20 from here. I'll try a Google search  see if they can help figure something out.

I may first try a suggestion from another thread, same problem. The person tried charging with a brick with lower amperage (I think that's the right word) than the one that comes with the phone, and it works for them.

0 Likes