Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 Speaker and Mic Stopped working after Aug2021 Update

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 10:17 AM)
aevision
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have Samsung Galaxy A50. After recent software update, Speaker and Mic stopped working. Sometimes,after multiple restarts, this works but again goes dark. This is sporadic. I did the following "hardware check" and i didn't hear and sound back!!!

Model: SM-A505G

Software Version: A505GUBU9CUG3

Diagnostics:

dial pad and type in *#0283#, then select “Start: RCV_1stMic” and speak into your phone like you’re on a call. Can you hear yourself talk? Once you’ve done that select “Start: SPK_2ndMic”, talk into your phone like you’re talking to someone on speaker phone. 

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The phone has a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App under GetHelp Section then diagnostic @aevision 

Please also try Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/  and clear your phone's System Cache Files via Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

If all else fails and as a last resort backing up and factory resetting does not resolve this issue then perhaps let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre take a look.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Harshul
First Poster
Options

Hi my Samsung galaxy A71 is also having the same problem.

Can you tell me how did you resolve your problem?

0 Likes
WesWooHoo
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the diagnostics code, I was having trouble finding that.

After trying this and many other options, the diag code let me know the speaker was functioning.

After many app resets, Safe Mode and everything, my phone was victim to a HAIRBALL!  A tiny little tuft of lint and whatever jammed in the stereo port was fooling the phone into thinking the headphones were attached!

0 Likes