Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 mic

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 03:58 PM)
daveo260z
Apprentice
Options
My A50 has decided that it will only operate on speakerphone. Mic works fine in that  form, also when recording video on the camera app.
Switch to standard phone use and the mic cuts off.

Done the *#... tests and cant hear anything on either. Nothing on voice recorder either.

Any suggestions? Can't find a definitive answer anywhere. Not tried factory reset as I need an ad card to back up all my cr** first.

Thanks in anticipation!!
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Hi, you can use the application SmartSwitch to create a backup in a PC.

Try restarting the phone in safe mode (3 Ways to Turn On Safe Mode for Samsung Phones )

If it helps the issue is caused by an application.

If doesn't, make a backup and ask service.

If my answer helped you please set it as solution, thanks

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@daveo260z: If you haven't done so already, head over to your dial pad and type in *#0283#, then select “Start: RCV_1stMic” and speak into your phone like you’re on a call. Can you hear yourself talk? Once you’ve done that select “Start: SPK_2ndMic”, talk into your phone like you’re talking to someone on speaker phone. Can you hear the playback? If not, please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange any necessary repairs. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
daveo260z
Apprentice
Options
as stated, no playback from either of those tests. now discovered that in safe mode it does pass the mic2 test. does record sound via the camera app (video) and phone works as speakerphone. 2 separate mics? cant find a definite answer anywhere
0 Likes
daveo260z
Apprentice
Options
hi
in safe mode, it passes the second test in *#283# - it's quiet but I can hear my own voice. nothing on mic 1 though. if not in safe mode neither test is successful
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@daveo260z: That's interesting, regarding the successful mic test in Safe Mode, as this might suggest that a third party application is the source of the issue. If you have downloaded any apps recently, try uninstalling them to see if you notice a difference, as they may have permissions enabled that are restricting your phone's mic. If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team via the link above, as the device may require an inspection/repair to rectify the issue. 

0 Likes
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Try deleting cache partition as is described in this article: Tips and tricks: troubleshooting  

You can also check applications using the microphone. Go to Setings, Apps, 3dots menu, Permission manager, Microphone - check applications using microphone if there isn't something suspicious.

Screenshot_20201124-220342_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201124-220350_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201124-220413_Permission controller.jpg

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes