Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 Audio issue / headphone jack issue

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 04:05 AM)
SB1515
Journeyman
Options

Since yesterday, my phone will not play any audio on the external speaker. Then I also lost audio for the incoming call. The mic has also stopped working. The only way I can hear media audio is via BT headsets. I can't hear anyone, in a call, when using BT headsets And they can't hear me either. Wired headsets don't work either. 

When I play a video without BT headsets, the speed it plays is always high. Regardless of where I stream the video from, that includes youtube app as well. The locally stored videos will not play either, without the headsets.

I have also noticed that when I plug in the wired headphones and then try turning on the FM radio, it prompts me to connect the wired headphones. This means the phone is not detecting the insertion of my headphones. This also means that this problem could be related to a faulty headphone jack.

Currently, we are in lockdown and I can't get it checked for another 3 weeks. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have done a full factory reset but that made no difference.

19 REPLIES 19
Belva_ann82
First Poster
Options
Same here! It started 2 weeks back. It's normal for a few hours and then the prob starts again and continues for days.
0 Likes
AliMert
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I finally got the nerve to reset the phone to factory settings (erasing all data) and restored the last back up. Now it works fine.

It takes time to setup the device with exact settings but definitely worth it!

0 Likes
HeatherMcA
First Poster
Options

Audio jack isnt working on my phone today... has anyone had a solution for this yet?

galaxy50
First Poster
Options
I have also same problem in my a50 mobile phone. Samsung service station peapole say me for mother board replacement. And cost is Rs 9000/-

Very Bad experience from Samsung .
0 Likes
galaxy50
First Poster
Options
I have also same problem in my a50 mobile phone. Samsung service station peapole say me for mother board replacement. And cost is Rs 9000/-

Very Bad experience from Samsung .
0 Likes
Cipi89
First Poster
Options

I have a similar issue here, i have changed the dock port board and cable but no change ...

Did you managed to fix it?

0 Likes
Livius
First Poster
Options

Hi! I just experienced the same problem today,

I have been playing a game (audio on) then my alarm went on and dismissed it, right after, the whole audio was gone.

Hopefully someone can help us.

0 Likes
Infosity21
First Poster
Options

Solution:  Switch OFF phone, Turn it on again after few sec. 10sec. 

After turn on. When samsung logo appear.  Press Volume + Up button continue  till Phone Start. 

Enjoy. 100%  Working. 

Its Software  Problem Caused  by Charging  with Fast Charger of other Brands

0 Likes
mnuzul
First Poster
Options

do you mean 1 button only? volume up button?

just try but the problem still exist

0 Likes
Jigs leuva
First Poster
Options

I have same issue from yesterday night .

Please help me 

Give me any advice please

0 Likes