Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 Android 10 now available UK

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 11:52 AM)
kolsam
Explorer
Options

The Android 10 update is available on my A50.

If anyone has updated theirs , have you noticed any problems?

Screenshot_20200420-222722_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Magoo712
First Poster
Options

Since the update, I have to press power button twice before the fingerprint sensor activates. I did manage to register 2 digits out of ten which is one more than before. Occasionally, these are accepted (double press of power button first though). Battery hardly seems to drop since the update. I have Flight mode on due to non existent signal in my area but WiFi calling and texting work perfectly with little to no battery use which is excellent. However, Samsung we really don't like to have apps added that cannot be uninstalled or fully disabled.  I don't know about other users but my orientation sensor  takes forever sometimes. This happened before and after the update to One UI 2.0 . Screen mirroring has an issue where it disconnects after a couple of minutes even with good quality wifi signal to both phone and tv. There is also a problem with selecting text sometimes where only one marker shows up and/or the 'cut, copy, paste, etc' menu doesn't show up.

kolsam
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the info, I hate getting unwanted app's on a phone.

There doesn't seem to be much benefit with 10, might stick with Android 9.

0 Likes
Wolfrunner
Explorer
Options

Yep.

Since last night I've been playing about with the visual settings to get my nice crisp non washed out grey white screen phone back.

Turned off the crappy wallpaper feature for starters

Cathi20
First Poster
Options

I had the update last night and now my phone restarts itself every minute which is making using it very difficult!! Never had this issue with an update before. Any ideas??

Wolfrunner
Explorer
Options

Maybe first try safe mode to see if it's any of your downloaded apps from the app store causing it.

Check out YouTube video on how. Press on/off to bring up choices. Select power off. When it comes up, press and hold will bring up safe mode option. Select.

When rebooted, if still a problem it's not going to be any of your 3rd party apps