Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A5 2017 No text messages when memory card is in.

(Topic created on: 24-02-2020 08:58 AM)
toto007
Student
Options

HI Guys.

I have an A5 2017 phone. I dont receive text messages when the micro sd card is in. Probably some memory handling/acces problem from the messages app. Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, 

Sd cards don't really have anything to do with recieving or sending Text messages. 

what brand SD Card are you using?

try formatting your SD card. 

0 Likes
toto007
Student
Options

In the past two days i swapped sim card twice, resetted and checked the messaging centre number.  cleared data and cash from massaging app , still doesnt work. I you think sd card has nothing to do with massaging why are you telling me to format it. It just doesnt make sense

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@toto007: Is the issue affecting all contacts, or is it specific ones? Are you still able to send texts, and make and receive calls? Can you confirm if you have removed the SD card, and if this enabled you to receive texts?
0 Likes
toto007
Student
Options

Hi Andrew .

Yes i can send text messages and make and receive calls and to everyone and i cant  receive from anyone. Yes i removed the sd now.

Cheers

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@toto007: Please can you confirm your current Android version? If you enable Mobile Data, are you able to receive texts? Have you been in contact with your network to enquire about any restrictions on your account. If the issue doesn't occur when the SD card is removed then this does suggest that the issue was somehow stemming from there, therefore, if possible, please try an alternate SD card to see if the problem persists.
0 Likes