Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A5 (2017) apps crashing

(Topic created on: 28-09-2019 05:26 AM)
KaFa
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Since today, several apps on my A5 (2017) crashing. Instagram, Samsung Email, Gmail, my podcast app and some more. If you open the app, you get the message: "app-name" is stopped. And you can choose: Close app or Send Feedback. I have already send feedback for several apps, but I thought, maybe somebody here has a solution. I have already cleared caches, deleted and reinstalled app (if possible). Cleaned the phone and restarted it.

Yesterday I have turned on fingerprint for lock the display, but thereafter the phone was working fine. I have turned that off again, because I thought maybe that's causing the problems today.

Before I reset the phone, does anybody has an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Karen

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this was my phone I'd put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working.

If your stock apps then worked then one or more of your downloaded apps are clashing.

Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting the most recent ones first until it stops. It's a trial and error process.

If it continues in Safe Mode then I'd suggest to seek support from a Samsung Experience Store or a Samsung Service Centre @KaFa 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

KaFa
Journeyman
Options

Hi @BandOfBrothers,

Thanks for you suggestion. Yesterday I transferred (via USB) my gallery photos to my PC and after that, everything worked fine again. No app crashes, nothing. Maybe there was a hick-up due to the memory of the photos, although it weren't that much. Anyway, the problem solved itself. I'll keep your solution in mind when it happens again. Thanks!

VBR,

Karen

0 Likes
Ibzy
First Poster
Options
How do I go on safemode
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ibzy 

samsung-a520f-galaxy-a5-2017/faq/safe-mode. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes