Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A40 unlocks in pocket

(Topic created on: 29-02-2020 05:43 AM)
Egg1
Voyager
Options

How are samsung getting away with selling phones that despite fingerprint password etc will happily unlock for anyone that rubs it or puts it in a pocket.

How?

Despite every annoying try this email right up to reset whole brand new phone,every setting checked?

Years this has been a problem when you look online.

Additionally poor signal every network every location with a in call quality meaning you won't hardly hear a word?

At the end of the saga,no fix. 

So take your phone to samsung and we will try and fix it.

What the hell?

Absolute *****e.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can only speak for the recent phones I've used @Egg1 

Samsung Galaxy s7 edge.

Samsung Galaxy s8

Samsung Note 9

Samsung Note 10+ 5G

I have accidental touch and fingerprint and face / iris scanners turned On and I've never had this happen. I keep my phone in a vertical holster with belt clip.

Now I'm not in any way saying your not experiencing these issues and quite frankly it shouldn't happen.

Network Signal is a subjective topic as everyone experiences different strengths. Remember the signal icon is an indicator only and not 100% accurate.

There are apps to show a better signal on your phone.

Every Network has fringe coverage and not spots too.

One person I follow suggests that "Phones do not latch onto the strongest signal.They follow the network assigned procedure, hence why it's not uncommon to be connected to a weaker signal than is strictly available "

With such issues Samsung are going to need hands on at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to see if they can diagnose the problem.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Ian S
First Poster
Options

Seriously. A year and a half later and nothing. My A42 has been doing this and the last straw is it just factory reset in my pocket. Lost everything including pics of a license plate that was involved in a crime. Surprised this isn't already the source of a class action lawsuit. Every device of theirs I have gotten in the last 10 years including my TV and Blu Ray and garbage, this is the last Samsung device I will ever own. 

Egg1
Voyager
Options
Smashed it up with a hammer in the end and put that on YouTube.
Swore I'd never own another Samsung product.
Sending my 90 day old G7 Odyssey for warranty repair.
Writing this on my unreliable and endlessly restarting Galaxy S21+ that's been awful and crashing constantly since last update, which you can't roll back.
Coincidence it's launch of S23 or ploy to get you to think about a new phone?

I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS AND REALLY WILL NOT BE SPENDING MY MONEY ON YOUR OVERPRICED AND SUBSTANDARD TECH AGAIN.
0 Likes