Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A40 Turning Off

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 06:43 PM)
TypingThisNow
Journeyman
Options

Hi can anyone help, my A40 came up with the overheating icon, although the phone wasn't in use or felt hot at the time. Now every time I turn it on it just shuts down again. Has anyone else had this or any idea how I solve the problem. Thank you.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
TypingThisNow
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for all your help Rob1985. It is a genuine charger as I got the phone new from carphone warehouse 6 weeks ago. I'll try cleaning the port, although it was turning off for no reason whilst I know it was charged if that makes sense. I have tried contacting them but as yet not much help which is why I tried here.

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@TypingThisNow i would definetly say if nothing else works then its either a hardware problem or software issue ive had my galazy a40 which i got from carphone warehouse in january and i havent had an issue with mine. Carphone warehouse have a live chat service u can contact them i would go on there tell them your issue give them your order number etc hopefully u would of kept your reciept ? And ask them how u go about getting the device back to them to get it fixed if u have the genuine samsung charger that came with the phone that should be working specially only 6 weeks old thats what i would do get in contact with carphone and get this fixed asap 👍

TypingThisNow
Journeyman
Options

Just managed to turn it on and was quick enough to tap the icon, apparently the problem is the battery is to cold and won't charge until it comes up to temperature! Thanks again for all your help Rob1985.

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

Atleast u have found what the issue was im glad i could help @TypingThisNow  

0 Likes