Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A40 sometimes only rings once then goes silent.

(Topic created on: 26-08-2021 05:35 PM)
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

Weird, some calls to me only ring once then goes silent. I can see who is calling and answer the call but if I miss the first ring then I miss the call.

I have tried phoning myself from the home phone and from my wife's A10 and get the normal multiple ringing then goes to answerphone.  Of course both are in my favourites on my phone so don't know if this is why?

Is there a ring duration setting on the A40? I have not seen one but I suppose it's possible if you know where to look.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I think some networks support different lengths of ringing time... might also be worth contacting your network or even a replacement sim from them.
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@jbafalcon Try deactivating the Block unknown / private numbers option if you have it activated.
It is found in Phone App / Settings / Block numbers.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As mentioned you should be able to lengthen the amount of tings before your voicemail kicks in @jbafalcon 

Take a look on your Network's Support Page as this is usually changed via dialing a shortcode into your phone dialer app.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

Sorry guys but maybe I did not explain properly.

On SOME but not all incoming calls the A40 rings once. one ring, then silence like 'Ring Ring' Silence. At other times there are multiple rings like you'd expect. like 'Ring Ring,' Ring Ring,' Ring Ring,' Ring Ring,' Ring Ring,' Ring Ring,' etc.

Very weird but if I miss the first and only Ring Ring then the call eventually goes to answerphone, because I did not pick the call up.

However the caller still hears the multiple rings until the answerphone cuts in. I have left answering the phone about 5  seconds or so of silence then using the top side button to accept the call.

It's like the phone is controlling the ring notification and number of rings on a random basis!

I'm lost on this one!!!.

There are a few blocked numbers, these are all scammer numbers trying to fool me as there is a problem with my computer, or my internet is about to be disconnected, or my bank account has been compromised. I often ring my door bell and ask them to hold on a minute then leave them hanging on until they give up.

0 Likes
Incoming calls ring
First Poster
Options

I have EXACTLY the same issue to what you are referring to but in my Fold 3.

During incoming calls, either calls from my contacts or external nos. Randomly the ringer only vibrates and ring rings only once, than continues to ring on silent mode. Also is phone mode is on general.

Did you manage to find a solution? 

0 Likes
Incoming calls ring
First Poster
Options

I have EXACTLY the same issue to what you are referring to but in my Fold 3.

During incoming calls, either calls from my contacts or external nos. Randomly the ringer only vibrates and ring rings only once, than continues to ring on silent mode. Also is phone mode is on general.

Did you manage to find a solution? 

0 Likes
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

Well I did but for the life of me cannot remember how. If it comes back to me I will let you know.

0 Likes