Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A40 rear camera will not focus

(Topic created on: 10-07-2021 10:42 AM)
Fixmycrapphone1
Student
Options

A40 rear camera will not  focus after new update. Picture is only clear when you hold it really close to something, Phones not even a year old 

19 REPLIES 19
Doone
First Poster
Options
i have the same issue can samsungnot issue a fix?
Da Phone
Journeyman
Options

Bought the phone back in 2019, used the camera almost every day to login to whatsappweb for work and read QR codes.  Two /three weeks ago started getting the blurry / out of focus problem.  Now need to get a new phone as I can't log in to Whatsappweb anymore and cannot read QR Codes !!!

No new apps added to phone, I have tried every suggested fix I can find on the internet.  

SarahBee
First Poster
Options
Do wish Samsung could fix this problem ASAP as it seem lots of people have A40 with same problem. Ive tried everything and still have the same problem
Suzannew
Student
Options
I've had the same problem with mine, think it's an issue
Suzannew
Student
Options
Mines the same, but it's the front camera on portrait mode
0 Likes
Miklos12
Student
Options

I've had this issue not once but twice. At the first time only camera service could help. This time I'm thinking about buying a new phone...

RPATUELLI
First Poster
Options

Same issue for my A40, focus fails on back camera, please fix the problem.

AndrewMan
First Poster
Options

I had this issue and apparently, it's a common one. Seems the camera gets itself stuck in Macro Mode. Hence very close up is in focus, but all else is out of focus. And wide angle is also in focus. And the front camera works fine too. I spent ages trying everything, but this just worked first time effortlessly:
https://www.hard-reset.org/camera/how-to-fix-camera-samsung-galaxy-a40-problems/#Option2

Option #2 on the page reads:

#Option 2, Reset SAMSUNG GALAXY A40 to Factory Default using Setting Menu :

This is the alternative process that can work with all Android smartphone, especially Samsung Galaxy smartphone. We will use default Setting for reset applications with these steps :

1. Turn on SAMSUNG GALAXY A40 Smartphone
  2. Go To Setting Menu
  3. Choose Apps
  4. Choose Camera application
  5. At Camera page (app info), please find and choose Storage menu
  6. At Storage of Camera, we will see space used. At the bottom choose and tap Clear data icon
  7. When it ask for confirmation, please choose Ok. Then SAMSUNG GALAXY A40 application will be restore back to factory default setting

This process also safe to do anytime we want or when camera start working not normal, because all photos or videos which taken from this phone will not wiped or deleted while doing this steps. It will only restore all camera setting back to factory default. 

Let me know how you get on?
-AndrewM

0 Likes
Heint
First Poster
Options

For me it was really a mechanical problem. Start camera app and try to focus a nearby object. When picture gets blurry, tap with a finger on the backside of the phone close to the cameras. Probably you have to do this more times or even stronger.

Unfortunately this won't last long so you have to do it every time when focus isn't working.

0 Likes
Members_4PuasWa
First Poster
Options

Thanks Andrew.  Sadly this did not do it for me.  I restarted the phone as well, but no joy.

What I get is it defaults to the wide angle and fails to fix a focous.  It keeps refocusing, or trying to and failing.  If I change to Ultra-wide angle (0.5x) then it focusses instantly.

0 Likes