Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A40 rear camera will not focus

(Topic created on: 25-04-2020 09:14 AM)
Fixmycrapphone1
Student
Options

A40 rear camera will not  focus after new update. Picture is only clear when you hold it really close to something, Phones not even a year old 

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

try deleting camera app data, if that does not fix i would recommend you a hard reset (backup your data first).

Let me know!

0 Likes
Fixmycrapphone1
Student
Options

No it did not work. All it did was install the latest software during set up. The same software that started my problem in first place. Plus 2 hours wasted time setting my phone back up. Will now only be taking advice from Samsung tech support. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@Fixmycrapphone1 wrote:

No it did not work. All it did was install the latest software during set up. The same software that started my problem in first place. Plus 2 hours wasted time setting my phone back up. Will now only be taking advice from Samsung tech support. 

that is the same thing that they would have told you in fact after an update it is recommended to perform a hard reset.

At last i would suggest you to perform mega cam test accessible by typing *#0*# in your phone dialier.

If you encounter focus problems in that test it means that you have a hardware problem and your only choice is contacting samsung costumer support for a warranty repair.

If in mega cam you do not manage to reproduce the focus issues the situation is a little bit different though: you should then try to reboot in safe mode (you need to loong press the red turn off button which you usually click on to turn off the device), safe mode temporarely disables all your installed app (a reboot will restore everything back no normal, there will be no data loss) and from there use the camera app to see if there are focus issues.

No mega cam test issues but issues in safe mode might indicate that it is a software bug which needs to be fixed by samsung in a future update.

If you get no issues with the camera app in safe mode and no issues in mega cam test it means that it is probably due to an app you have installed.

Bye

Bye

Sappyjay
Student
Options

Having exact same issue, rear cam will not focus on A40. Tried Megacam still not focusing.

Evacosme
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue. Contacted samsung, followed their instructions, reset the cam, reset the phone to factory, tried safe mode, had samsung tech support acess my phone remotly... still no fix, they said i had to go to tech support (wich is like 30km from where I live). Today a new update came out, still no fix. Its been almost one month after installing the new update and not being able to take a decent photo. 

Sappyjay
Student
Options

I have got to take my hat off to Samsung UK, contacted customer support on a Saturday morning during lockdown. Spoke to very helpful and polite service rep, did usual fault finding including facility reset, camera still did not focus so they booked a mobile repair in with 6 days of the booking. Unit came out and replaced the camera under warranty. 

Extremely good warranty repair service from Samsung, am very happy and will recommend them to anyone.

0 Likes
Mir-iajo
First Poster
Options
It's a shame we have to be happy with a solution to a problem that they created themselves. In the update info it says it makes the camera more stable what a laugh. They have saddled all their customers with a faulty phone.
Linziif
First Poster
Options

Hi! Did anyone get a solution to this? My dad's A40 started doing it a few weeks ago but I've only just been able to round to look. Tried the usual reset settings and on/off again stuff. Frustrating as the camera also you either have to have it fully zoomed in or fully out, no in-between. 

elWojtek
First Poster
Options

Same on my GF's phone. Factory reset or alternative camera apps didn't help. Is the warranty service the only option?