Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A40 rear camera takes blurry photos

(Topic created on: 29-06-2020 10:28 PM)
Pearse_84
First Poster
Options

My rear camera on my galaxy A40 does not take clear photos the ultra wide camera is fine the normal camera is not.

Can anyone help me as to why this has happened when I first purchased the phone the camera was fine no issues.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Pearse_84 

go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.

Front Camera: Select Front Cam, align your phone and tap to take a photo. Review the quality of the photo and let us know the results. You can then tap the screen to return to the LCD test screen.

Back Camera: Select Mega Cam. Align your phone and tap the ‘capture’ icon to take a photo. Verify that the flash works during this as well. 

Review the photo and let us know the results.

Let me know if your cameras focus correctly in this mode. 

If they do, then it highlights a software issue, if not, then I'd recommend popping into a Service Location to have your phones looked at by a trusty engineer at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location"

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

thesas
First Poster
Options

I appear to be having the same issue, having followed your advice, it appears it's a software issue. What do I do now? Thanks 

Jojo77xx
Student
Options

Help, my camera is blurry too, it always opens in what seems to be macro mode, even though that button isn't on the phone,  I need to use the camera to scan qr codes and take  pics of my sons schoolwork to send to his teachers,  I've tried everything and nothing works...😭😭😭

0 Likes
Hermella Girma
First Poster
Options

Hello there I'm having the same issue too on my SamsungA51..

While dialing *#0*#, I found out that the Rear 2 and 3 HD auto is working fine but there's problem on the rear auto with flash and its rear 4 HD auto.

What do you suggest I do?

Thanks

0 Likes
Hermella Girma
First Poster
Options

Hello there I'm having the same issue too on my SamsungA51..

While dialing *#0*#, I found out that the Rear 2 and 3 HD auto is working fine but there's problem on the rear auto with flash and its rear 4 HD auto.

What do you suggest I do?

Thanks

0 Likes
Da Phone
Journeyman
Options

Bought the phone back in 2019, used the camera almost every day to login to whatsappweb for work and read QR codes.  Two /three weeks ago started getting the blurry / out of focus problem.  Now need to get a new phone as I can't log in to Whatsappweb anymore and cannot read QR Codes !!!

No new apps added to phone, I have tried every suggested fix I can find on the internet.  

0 Likes
spangaer
Student
Options

If it's still in warranty you might have to get that repaired.

Had the same problem, about 6 months after I bought it, the standard rear camera could no longer focus, except for really short distance ~ 30 cm.

After trying all of the internet suggested tips, all the way to up to factory reset it was clear to be hardware failure. In this case I bothered with the factory reset, because that's part of the warranty procedure anyway.

Apparently that camera is attached to the phone hull with some kind of tape which might loosen or break. Which gets the camera out position it needs to be in to focus.

No complaints about the repair. Pickup-repair-return in 48 hours. The repair left a small mark on the plastic rim of the phone (looks like they have to pry it open, not really made for easy repair), but in exchange for a working camera, that was fine for me.

Do note, repair also means you get the latest software version and I had my share of problems with the Android 11 OneUI 3.1 update. It's good in general, but Google changed the split screen concept and also seems to have some WiFi fragility which I deem is related to IPv6 connectivity problems of certain home networking appliances. With enough effort you can get around some of it, but just be warned (if you have solid IPv6 connectivity there's a chance you don't face that problem).

0 Likes