Did you mean: 

A40 - "check your charger connection" issue

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 09:32 AM)
DW2020
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Looking for some suggestions.

Relative novice when it comes to technical issues. This last week my Samsung A40 has came up with the "check your charger connection" pop up whenever I charge it and it will charge 2% over an hour, after a few attempts taking it out and putting it back in it will charge properly but not "fast charge". Only had it 5 months! I've tried different cables and charge ports and no consistent charging.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

I guess the next step would be possible lint build up but bit wary of damaging the port at all, should I use compressed air or a pick?

Not too bothered about the fast charge, just would like it to, well, actually charge!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I use a pick of any material that is soft enough not to scratch or damage, so I have those plastic wire ties , little wooden cocktail sticks and stiff cardboard cut in to little spikes, I never use any propellant in case I blow more debris in or whatever, even when I use to clean my camera sensors on my SLRs I used none lint material with little flat spatulas and similar cut to exact size and any rough edges smoothed off
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
My brothers s9 had same issues until I showed him the plastic, wooden or cardboard pick way.
0 Likes