Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A40 Android 11 Mobile HotSpot

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 03:07 PM)
hucha
Explorer
Options

Since an update to Android 11, Mobile Hotspot on my A40 is very buggy.

Its like the toggle for on/off isn't working,it usually takes 5-6 tries for it to turn it on/off.

It is the same when clicking from quick access menu or from settings.

Hopefully this gets fixed in the future because it is very annoying.

54 REPLIES 54
Badboybubby
Explorer
Options

Has hotspot issue resolved?...good as it was in 10 

0 Likes
hucha
Explorer
Options

For me the issue still exists and bugs me daily 😞

Hopefully gets fixed with next update

0 Likes
gggeek
Journeyman
Options

Rebooting once more was my first instinct too. Sadly, it did not help in mycase.

Turning on the wifi hotspot on still requires multiple attempts to click on the icon - most of the time the icon truns blue (active) for a fraction of a second then goes back to gray (inactive)

0 Likes
enmahhdi95
Student
Options

same problem with the same update on my A40. reboot is needed for every time to turn on the hotspot. 

hucha
Explorer
Options

I'm sorry this error slipped them, but I'm glad I'm not the only one to have it.

Unfortunately I'm neither from the USA or the UK so I can't report it to Samsung.Hopefully someone from the team sees it and they fix it soon, because it is very annoying.

0 Likes
delboyuk2508
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Just for everyones info, I have flagged the fault up to Samsung via the "Members App" on my phone, can you all do the same with any other issues you find with this latest update.

They have assured me that they are looking at it and will provide an update as and when.

Cheers

hucha
Explorer
Options

Hi guys,

I am happy to report I got an update this morning which fixed the problem.

Thank you all for flagging this and also to the Sammy team for a quick fix.

Screenshot_20210413-111708_Software update.png

Cheers all.

Rachel65
First Poster
Options

Hi, how did you fix the hotspot problem? It is driving me crazy

0 Likes
hucha
Explorer
Options

Check for software update.I got one this morning which fixed the problem.If it is not available yet for you it should be soon so hang on for a little longer

gggeek
Journeyman
Options

Update installed here (Italy). Indeed the problem  with the hotspot toggle seems to be fixed. Not other problems I have since the Android 11 update...

0 Likes