Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A34 5G - Peak brightness, how long?

(Topic created on: 22-04-2024 07:15 PM)
Ploert
Apprentice
Options

Today I noticed that the brightness of screen was poor in the car while navigating with gmaps.

I got out of the car and pointed it at the sun to see if brightness would go higher, but it didn't. See photo.

After going in a building paying a bill I walked outside and phone was bright again, also with gmaps in car.

It was a sunny day but not extremely hot, about 25 Celsius Fahrenheit.

Phone didnt feel hot at all. Was it a bug or does it tone down peak brightness automatically to save battery? If so, is there a fix? I don't have any battery saving things running, hence this phone battery can take a beating like no other.

IMG_8508.jpeg

phone up to date, one ui 6.0

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Settings
Display
Brightness

Is the Adaptive Brightness set to on?
0 Likes
Ploert
Apprentice
Options

Of course, you can't experience peak brightness with Adaptive brightness off. 

Btw I just tested it with a flashlight on screen. It stays bright, even with installing programs. But I tested it inside house, not so warm here. I will test some more with extra heat below the phone. Maybe tomorrow. Want to find out if it was a fluke, which i hope. Because i sold pixel 6a especially for this reason and bought this one for bright screen during sunny days with gmaps running on foot and in car.

It wasn't really hot too, this would be a disaster if it gets 35 degrees Celsius, which it gets here very often during summer.

Anyone know for what kind of heat the phones get designed to work normally? With normally i mean, no overheating during gmaps, not turning to night mode to cool down etc etc.

0 Likes