Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A33 5G WiFi issues after 30/11/22 update

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 05:18 PM)
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Hello! Had my A33 5G for a few weeks. Last night it did a huge update and now it won't connect to WiFi or if it does it won't stay connected. I've seen two other people complaining online. Don't really wanna factory reset my phone but that's all left. 
Any issues with you?

35 REPLIES 35
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Yeah. In a way it could be worse but still a pretty big problem. Worst case scenario, I am able to get a full refund for my phone so if its not fixed soon I'll probably go down that route. Thanks. Keep me posted on any updates and I'll do the same!
0 Likes
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Mines less than 30 days old so that's an option too. Shame as I was loving the phone!
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Yeah mines maybe 4 or 5 months old. The phone itself is pretty decent. A real shame. Let's see what happens. Glad to know it's not me only and at least we have the refund option. Gotta just keep on at Samsung now for a fix. If anyone else with this issue can speak up it would be great!
0 Likes
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Yer it's playing up at work grrr. Samsung text chat are unless.
0 Likes
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Ok so, I've found a state of the arc workaround. The WiFi issue only happens if you leave your hot spot and then it won't auto connect. If you switch your WiFi off, walk to your new building or area, switch it back on it works! It's the auto connect that's glitched during the update. Chat support said send it as an error report. I did that and it's pending a reply. Perhaps do that error report if you haven't 👍
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Will do. Issue does occur after being off WiFi for a bit so your right. There are workarounds for now and let's keep pushing for an update.
0 Likes
trushg
First Poster
Options
Will mot connect to my home WiFi or even pick it up on search or let me add network
0 Likes
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Did you ever sort yours? I was hoping the last new update would fix it. But nope.
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
So I messaged samsung again today telling them the software update hasn't fixed it. Like you, I was hopeful the recent software update would fix it. They told me they would sort it last time i asked and they haven't because it still isn't working for me neither. I'm complaining to them but it might get to the point its not worth the effort anymore and I'll just return my phone and get a different one! I don't really no where else to go if I'm being honest. Its fine at home but plays up at work. And once it happens I have no choice but to turn the phone off and back on. I'm not sure if it does it in other places however. I think it's maybe okay when I go to the supermarket or something like that? Either way, samsung and the dodgy android 13 update did something wrong!
0 Likes
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Mine is exactly the same lol! I think I'll copy and paste your message and send to them 🤣 I've been on at them since day one. They now say it needs to go for repair....🤔 I said no 🤣👌