Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A33 5G WiFi issues after 30/11/22 update

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 05:18 PM)
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Hello! Had my A33 5G for a few weeks. Last night it did a huge update and now it won't connect to WiFi or if it does it won't stay connected. I've seen two other people complaining online. Don't really wanna factory reset my phone but that's all left. 
Any issues with you?

35 REPLIES 35
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MDFA33  A few things to try beforehand.   Go to General  Management-Reset Network Settings.  If not try  Settings- Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog symbol to the right of your router - Forget . This is the bottom right on the list. Toggle your Wi-Fi off and on again - Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through all the connection steps.

Thereafter go to Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog next to your router on my device it is usually  under view More but could be Advanced if that does not show. select the MAC Address Type and set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, I would suggest pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, the reason being that this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be causing problems. An idea also to reboot the router if the issue not solved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

52MikeH
Apprentice
Options
Updated my A33 yesterday and all is fine with wifi
0 Likes
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
I'll try this. While at work, if I restart my phone it connects ok. As soon as I leave WiFi coverage and return it won't reconnect or even switch on. The WiFi toggle moved across but stays greyed out. I'm at home, restarted my phone to gain access to WiFi settings and forgot all of them. I'll try it at work again tomorrow. Thanks 👍 saw a guy post of Reddit he's got the same issue. 🙄
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
I think that guy is me. It's the exact same issue! What a pain. A factory reset did not fix the issue. Only way to reconnect to WiFi is a restart of the phone. After the factory reset I did back up all my previous stuff which maybe I should not have done. But either way, it's not fixed. Really hope it's fixed because the phone was great before. I have literally just bought another a33 replacement. Wish I didn't now as its not just my phone clearly..

Aswell as this, it's not just wifi not connecting. After I go on WiFi after being disconnected for a bit it glitches. The slider glitche you mention is one but also going off the WiFi tab and trying Bluetooth torch etc, I find they won't work for about 30sec before a bit more glitches occurs.
0 Likes
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Bloody hell grrr, it's android 13. Loads of issues online. The more I read the more I wish I didn't update for a few weeks. I contacted Samsung help earlier and the first thing they said was....."pull the top of the screen down and toggle your WiFi on"

Oh I didn't try turning it on! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🤣
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Yeah. Ridiculous. I never update and the time I do, this is what I get. Also with the A33, a phone that's fairly budget and not too popular, I can't see samsung doing much to fix this. It's such a strange issue and hard to test. For me only happens when I go to work.
0 Likes
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Hopefully everyone will report it. I've been in the error reporting section and sent the error to Samsung wotha data log from my phone. Says pending reply
0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Same. Your the only person I've seen with this issue. Not too widespread but it's also one people may not notice. If I am at home all day and constantly connected to my WiFi it's perfectly okay. Really hope samsung will fix this though. Otherwise I don't know what to do!
0 Likes
MDFA33
Explorer
Options
Us against Samsung 🤣🙈 People might not have noticed yet. I wouldn't have mind, but left virgin media with enough mobile data to last a life time thinking " I'll be connected to WiFi constantly" so won't need all that data 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙄