Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A32 5G Notifications in status bar

(Topic created on: 06-02-2022 09:50 AM)
corinne_by_sea
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to help my elderly mother with her Samsung A32 5G phone. She tells me that she is not seeing notifications for messages. 

I have connected to her phone and can see that notification icons in the status bar are turned on. I think that the icon in the status bar is quite small for her to see and she is having difficulty swiping down to see the notifications.

My question is what happens if I turned that off? Would the notifications still appear on the screen? 

The notification pop up style is set to detailed. Floating notifications are also turned on and set to Smart pop-up view but I'm not sure if they should be on.

I would just like the most user-friendly way (for an elderly person) for the notifications to appear on the screen for her to see and read them easily. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
MGAlumRock
Explorer
Options
Try going to 'Accessibility' in settings go to 'Visability Enhancements' and adjust 'Font'. Not sure but might help?
0 Likes
DJAshBash
Pioneer
Options
You could always put the device into Easy Mode.
0 Likes
Temywealth
Explorer
Options
Hello, you can go to the settings and change the display.
0 Likes
corinne_by_sea
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. This is a good suggestion. We do already have this activated though.

0 Likes
corinne_by_sea
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. I think the issue is more to do with the little notification icon at the top. However, I will take a look at this too as I'm sure a larger font will help with reading the messages.

0 Likes
corinne_by_sea
Journeyman
Options

Hi, which settings specifically do you mean? Thanks

0 Likes