Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A30 android 10 network problem

(Topic created on: 03-03-2020 04:45 PM)
geohamed
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone,

My Galaxy A30 recently got the new android update : 10.

I was really excited to discover new features, and the improvments Samsung made concerning battery usage.

But I discovered later a huge problem, the phone gets occasionally disconnected : network bars are full but it's actually offline : not possible to receive calls and mobile data stops working.

The solution I found was to start airplane mode on and off and the network is restored. But few minutes/hours later the same problem is back.

Is anyone facing the same problem?

And is Samsung aware of it?

Please share your experience and tell me more about the topic if any of you got the same phone and got the update.

thanks everyone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
geohamed
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone,

Here I am again. Today I tried something new, I removed the SIM card from 'slot 2',

the remaining card seems to be working fine (2 hours non stop).

Please notify me if you could try the same thing, share your results.

Good luck.

View solution in context

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31
AndrewL
Options
@geohamed: Are you in a particular location when the signal drops? Do you have a case or cover on the phone and, if so, have you tried removing it to see if this helps? If possible, can you try your SIM in another compatible phone, as this will help to determine if the issue lies with the phone or your SIM/network.
0 Likes
geohamed
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your repsond,

No particular location, the problem happens everywhere. 

I tried removing the case but nothing changes. 

Both my sim cards drop, I guess it's not likely both have the same problem at the same time.

The problem just happened again and this is really annoying 😞

0 Likes
stranger09
First Poster
Options
I faced like these too. especially, network bar is full but I missed many calling.
battery drains faster 40% with charging problems, battery charging is slowly.
some others calling app notification doesn't pop up, I have to slide down top bar then touch it
I think this update is smoother but there are a lot of problem
I hope Samsung will release the next update as soon as possible.
0 Likes
nvulane
First Poster
Options

I'm also facing the same issue, the device was working fine before the update. Can Samsung fix this issue as it's really annoying. I have to restart my phone for it to work again.

0 Likes
Dana11
Explorer
Options

Same problem. Worked fine before last update. Now full bars no network connection. I can't even do internet calling.  My network provider says my phone is not reading the SIM card.  SIM card works fine in husband's phone. This is infuriating! I'm on an island with a 5 week 24 hour/day quarantine and can't contact anyone. THIS NEEDS FIXED NOW!

TessM
Mastermind
Options

I'm sorry to hear that @Dana11 Would you be able to run the following diagnosis on the phone and let me know the results? Go to Samsung> Samsung Members> Get help> Interactive checks> SIM card.

0 Likes
Dana11
Explorer
Options

I'd love to but I don't have an app called samsung members and when I try to download it, it says my phone is not compatible.

0 Likes
Dana11
Explorer
Options

Also says "not available in your country"

0 Likes
Dana11
Explorer
Options

Grrrrrrrr Sorry you are having to go through this too. Count your blessings. Mine won't work even after doing a hard reset!