Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A22 G5 no lift to Wake

(Topic created on: 14-04-2022 05:38 PM)
rocket23
First Poster
Options

Just purchased an a22 5g and found there is no lift to wake function.   cant find it in the advanced settings - gestures  - as many youtube tutorials show.   is this a UK specific problem or am i looking in the whrong place 

thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@rocket23: As you have pointed out, this feature should be present in Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Lift To Wake (at the top of the list of options). Having checked the user manual, the setting is referenced on on page 103, so I'm surprised that it isn't available for you. Can you confirm where you purchased your galaxy A22 5G from? 

SM-A22X_UM_EU_RR_Eng_Rev.1.0_210602.pdf (samsung.com)

0 Likes
rocket23
First Poster
Options

Hi  , purchased from Amazon last week,   sold by amazon not a third party seller.   Have checked its running on Android 11 so cant understand why this is missing 

0 Likes
JimSM
First Poster
Options

Just to say that I have  exactly the same issue. Lift to wake option not listed. UK spec A22 G5 (well with UK charger at least) just bought from Argos. Android 11 UI 3.1.  Model SM-226B/DSN. The only 4 advanced options are Double tap to turn on/off screen, Turn over to mute and Finger sensor gestures.

0 Likes
rocket23
First Poster
Options

Hi.   Raised it with samsung support last night and promised a tech callback within 72 hours so I'll post what they have to say.  In

0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
I got mine from Vodafone and it's missing from the options as well. Strange that it's in the manual, I thought it was just something Vodafone had done - they do like to fiddle with a phone's settings...
0 Likes
rocket23
First Poster
Options

Sounds like its been removed form all uk phones for some reason.  My previous samsung had a flip case which woke the phone when opened. which was what i was hoping for with the a22 as well but it doesn work either, at least with the new flip case i bought.  looks like we are stuck with double tap or power button to wake.    

0 Likes
JimSM
First Poster
Options

Many thanks, will be interested to hear what they say!

0 Likes