Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A21s will not connect to Android file transfer

(Topic created on: 29-09-2020 07:23 PM)
XBR500
First Poster
Options
I recently bought a Samsung A21s, as i was setting it up i connected to the Mac all ok. A couple of days later it would not connect. The phone window that pops up asking you to choose, charging, media, file transfer does not appear now.
I looked into the developer section and set it to debugging mode but still no connection. 
I have wasted two days contacting Samsung who told me to install Smart Switch, that was useless it's for backing up and restoring the phone data not file transfer.
Has anyone worked out why AFT no longer works.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I sometimes get a connection problem with my Samsung phone and Android File Transfer on my MBA @XBR500  but usually a selection of un hooking and re launching the programme solves it.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
XBR500
First Poster
Options

There appears to be an issue with Android 10 and AFT but if anything is being done about it is not clear. As Google now own AFT you would think they would do something about it. I have looked at other connecting app and they all seem to be the same, phone not found!

0 Likes
XBR500
First Poster
Options

Another ting i have found is that the page that pops up after connection asking you to choose what you want to do ie. charge, media, file transfer has to pop up automatically. I have found that page in the debugging section but unless it pops up automatically it will not let you choose.

0 Likes
XBR500
First Poster
Options
it turns out it was the Macthat had a problem, I reinstalled the OS and ADFT now works.
0 Likes