Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A21s screen colour appears washed out

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 05:55 PM)
MrLabbo
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Just got an A21s and impressed with what I've seen so far. Only issue is on some apps the colours appear to be too washed out instead of the deep  vibrant colours of the P9Lite I had before. Any idea on contrast changing as opposed to just brightness?

55 REPLIES 55
LJM52
First Poster
Options

Just bought a new Samsung A21S and also had the terrible yellow green washed out view.

With show and tell finally have colour back.

Through the Display pages.

Screenshot_20210726-181636_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210726-181652_Settings.jpg

 Under Accessibility.

Screenshot_20210726-182717_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20210726-182910_Settings.jpg

 Hope this helps some of you.

LJM52

0 Likes
Adithyan S
Apprentice
Options

This doesn't fix the problem.Im fed up of this phone.Samsung fix the colours of the device with an update.You can provide color mode which is missing in A21s.Please fix the faded greens.I am tired of complaining.

0 Likes
Josie_S
First Poster
Options
This worked for me. Many thanks
0 Likes
Sirgal
First Poster
Options
I've just upgraded from an A3 to an A12 (not newest I know, but I needed a reasonable deal with more memory). I knew I'd have to get used to the larger size but was willing to go with this for the extras I needed. But, I am so disappointed with the colours, everything looks washed out, not vibrant colours or sharp contrast. Like others, I've gone through every possible setting to change it and now realise that this is it. Ir's horrible, annoying and a real let down. Even the all singing all dancing camera produces photos which appear faded and not sharp. Is there any way an update could include some kind of colour enhancer????
0 Likes
Lizzie-14
First Poster
Options

Hi,I see quite a few of us have tried that option,as well as the opposite to your suggestion,without any lucky.

My dads new phone still looks very dull & pictures look rubbish.

Very Disappointing,it's going back to the shop.

0 Likes
sandycb01
Journeyman
Options
Replying here but really to all the preceding posts. I am really struggling with this A21S. Bought one on ebay, but reconditioned so should be OK. Hardly used. The colours are appalling. Washed out and now way of improving them. I spent 40 minutes on a chat with Samsung with no result. I even did factory reset. No better. Took a photo and emailed it to my wife's Samsung and compared the two....what a difference. This is my (about) 10th Galaxy and it is a disaster. I am going to visit the Samsung helpdesk in London but I am not expecting much.....I think it is just a duff phone. Amazing that Samsung can release this (and it also got some really good reviews so there is something weird going on here)

Update..... took it to the Samsung store in King's Cross. They said it was just because it has an LCD screen and that that's just the way it is. He basically said that it was a crappy budget phone and Samsung were cutting costs. I was a bit sceptical as there were glowing reports but I figured I'd reached the end of the line.

But there is a twist..... saw a used A21s in a phone shop and asked the chap to start it up. Compared the screens..... and there was a HUGE difference. The quest continues...!