Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A21s screen colour appears washed out

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 05:55 PM)
MrLabbo
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Just got an A21s and impressed with what I've seen so far. Only issue is on some apps the colours appear to be too washed out instead of the deep  vibrant colours of the P9Lite I had before. Any idea on contrast changing as opposed to just brightness?

55 REPLIES 55
Duncrieviedude
First Poster
Options

I have just got an A21s and have the same issue. There are various instruction on the web to change the colour in the display settings but this option is not on the a21 which seems very strange. I’m very disappointed with the colours.

also has anyone found a way to show the time permanently as I could on my old a3

Hazeline
First Poster
Options
I have just set up my a21s and the screen colour difference between my Samsung galaxy tablet and the phone is insane. the phone colours are so pale, dull and washed out it makes the difference in viewing the same images very confusing. Has anyone found a fix for this? I've gone through settings but like previous poster the option isn't there for me to adjust colour.
Misty21x
First Poster
Options
I've just set up my A21s and I have the same problem, really annoying as the photos are just as poor as the display colours. I can't see any way to adjust the colours either.
Members_F5FLSMl
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. I am desperate.

It seems a chinese no brand cheap phone, not a Samsung. Never experienced something bad like this with a Samsung phone. Very upset!

Members_F5FLSMl
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I am very sad. It does not appear to be a Samsung phone.

Really too bad to be true

I am upset to see by old A10 has far better colours.

Samsung you must fix this!

Janglo
Journeyman
Options

Hi Folks, another one here with the same issue. I've gone through all settings and tried everything to no avail. I'm sorry I bought this phone. The display is terrible. I thought it was a contrast setting but I cannot find contrast settings. The bright green on WhatsApp for example is grey, YouTube is a brown colour as opposed to bright red. Has anyone found a solution. Has anyone had any feedback from Samsung

Jels77
Student
Options

I just got my a21s and had same issue all washed out. Go settings and search colour inversion. Switch this off it will remove the brown tones then select colour correction and try the 3 different colour modes.  See which one fixes issue. It has inproved my the blues and reds to bright but my greens still bit washed out but cant select more than one colour mode ?? so it is a huge improvement but not 100 percent as it should be. If anyone knows how to tweak this?? I found tritanomoly blue - yellow looks best but like I said it still not as should be but much better.

Janglo
Journeyman
Options

Hi Jels, thanks for posting. I've tried that but as you say it improves the appearance but it's still not great. The strange thing is that colours seem perfect on the home and lock screens but that's about all. Has anyone had any luck with Samsung support

0 Likes
MrLabbo
Apprentice
Options
not been back on for a while and I see I am not alone. I assumed, as with other forums I'm on, there would be some Samsung peeps on here to help out. Was I wrong? Are we on our own on here to sort ourselves?