Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A21s deleted all of my photos off my SD card

(Topic created on: 21-05-2021 09:52 AM)
DorothyJ
First Poster
Options

My A21s has now deleted everything on my SD card (mostly photos) TWICE, from two different, purchased new and previously unused, Samsung-branded SD cards. I get a notice (System UI) that an SD card was removed unsafely (it wasn't), and to restart my phone, but by that time (before restarting), the card appears to have been wiped. Removing the card properly and remounting doesn't help, the photos are gone as far as I can see. And now the same notification keeps coming up.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's a lot of counterfeit cards on Ebay and other vendors. Where did you purchase the cards from? In the meantime check the recycle bin in the gallery app for your pics.
0 Likes
DorothyJ
First Poster
Options

Both were proper Samsung cards purchased new in packaging from a high street mobile phone shop. Thanks but I've already checked the recycle bin in the gallery app, they aren't there.

0 Likes
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
I think you're card was virused that's why usually is not showing anything anymore still try to put it in a card reader,connect it to a pc/laptop/tablet and try to recover them if they appear in another device, if it works after reset the sd card.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As per Alex post, if you have a card reader and a PC, Recuva software may be able to recover your pics.