Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A21 Camera failed

(Topic created on: 09-10-2021 10:50 PM)
APMerck
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series

Camera has stopped taking photos and videos, appears to operate fine but when you go to look at the photo or video in gallery the photos are just a gray square and videos say failed and sometimes says missing codec. I have tried removing data and clearing cache from the app, removed and reinserted SD yet card nothing appears to work. I tried a third-party camera app and it works fine. but its $9 in the Galaxy Store

If you see anyone attempting to purchase a Samsung a21 stop them immediately and have them check reviews

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
pete007
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy A Series
Have you tapped the diagnostics banner on the main page of the Samsung members app. This will go through all of the phone components . This will help identify any problem. Meaning specific help if needed.
0 Likes
Ventor
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy A Series

@APMerck Hi, from the Camera settings, try Reset Settings. Regards.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy A Series

@APMerck: Do you have your SD card set up as the default storage location for your photos and videos? If so, try removing the SD card completely via Settings > Battery and Device Care > Storage > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > SD Card > Unmount. Now, head to the Camera app and take a few photos as you would normally. Does the issue persist when they're saved to your internal storage? 

0 Likes
APMerck
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series

I have done all of that except for factory resetting the phone. Last night was my daughter's homecoming and not one picture saved just a bunch of gray black or teal green squares. 

0 Likes
APMerck
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series

Already tried everything mentioned previously just short of factory reset

0 Likes
APMerck
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series

It did absolutely nothing other than tell me to take it to a service center I don't even think it actually did a Diagnostics scan it just asked if there was problems and then ask to take it to a service center.

0 Likes
APMerck
Explorer
Options
Galaxy A Series

This week I had been recording videos to post on a guitar forum and halfway through the day Thursday it just stopped saving any video and says it has a codec error.

As asked by someone else I tried the Samsung members diagnostic and it appears that did nothing other than tell me to take it to a service center, where I'm sure they would offer no help and insist I buy another...

0 Likes