Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A21 Camera failed

(Topic created on: 09-10-2021 10:50 PM)
APMerck
Explorer
Options

Camera has stopped taking photos and videos, appears to operate fine but when you go to look at the photo or video in gallery the photos are just a gray square and videos say failed and sometimes says missing codec. I have tried removing data and clearing cache from the app, removed and reinserted SD yet card nothing appears to work. I tried a third-party camera app and it works fine. but its $9 in the Galaxy Store

If you see anyone attempting to purchase a Samsung a21 stop them immediately and have them check reviews

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tapped the diagnostics banner on the main page of the Samsung members app. This will go through all of the phone components . This will help identify any problem. Meaning specific help if needed.
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@APMerck Hi, from the Camera settings, try Reset Settings. Regards.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@APMerck: Do you have your SD card set up as the default storage location for your photos and videos? If so, try removing the SD card completely via Settings > Battery and Device Care > Storage > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > SD Card > Unmount. Now, head to the Camera app and take a few photos as you would normally. Does the issue persist when they're saved to your internal storage? 

0 Likes
APMerck
Explorer
Options

I have done all of that except for factory resetting the phone. Last night was my daughter's homecoming and not one picture saved just a bunch of gray black or teal green squares. 

0 Likes
APMerck
Explorer
Options

Already tried everything mentioned previously just short of factory reset

0 Likes
APMerck
Explorer
Options

It did absolutely nothing other than tell me to take it to a service center I don't even think it actually did a Diagnostics scan it just asked if there was problems and then ask to take it to a service center.

0 Likes
APMerck
Explorer
Options

This week I had been recording videos to post on a guitar forum and halfway through the day Thursday it just stopped saving any video and says it has a codec error.

As asked by someone else I tried the Samsung members diagnostic and it appears that did nothing other than tell me to take it to a service center, where I'm sure they would offer no help and insist I buy another...

0 Likes
april83
First Poster
Options

the samething is happening to me and it p*sses me off. i did do a factory reset and didnt do anything to help. my husband and daughter have this same cell and no problem but they also dont use camera and take a lot of photos like i do. where u able to get any answers to how to fix this? o and i also have taken my sd card out and in out and in idk how many times. also the photos are showing like this in my google photos now not just my gallery on cell. 1/2 gray or green or double or triple the photo onto one its just bs. thank you for posting this i wasnt sure if was just my samsung a21 having these issues

0 Likes