Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A20e screen suddenly flickers and lines and pixels appear

(Topic created on: 16-08-2020 08:48 PM)
Tracy3103
Explorer
Options

I have a a20e, only about a month old, not dropped it or anything, and all of a sudden,  there was vertical grey lines on my screen, and it's like, instead of the screen looking smooth, normal, its like all of the pixels/dots that make the screen picture, are visible...I did the update about 3 days ago, and it happened out of the blue today. Iv done a reset, checked my display settings,  tried turning safe mode on and then off... please help  il try to include a screen shot. Thank you. Tracy 

Screenshot_20200816-200754_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20200816-200754_One UI Home.jpg

 screen is really fuzzy. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Tracy3103 

go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests. One is to invoke colour test panels which may help.

As a last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can help too. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Tracy3103
Explorer
Options

Hi, thank you for your help,  I tried *#0*#... and did the colour thing, but the screen is still the same, if backed up to Samsung cloud and also backed up my google account...so now do I do a factory reset? What happens? And how do I put all my backed up stuff back on my phone?? Will all of my apps come back etc? I'm not good with technology at all, sorry for all of the questions!

Tracy

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
it won't be visible in a screenshot it's a hardware issue so you may need to get it fixed
Tracy3103
Explorer
Options
i just realised that, sorry...
your right...factory reset didn't fix it...but I haven't dropped my phone or anything at all
and it's only since the update I did. so if you're saying that it's hardware..does that mean that it's the actual screen itself or something ?? how? the phone is exactly 6 weeks old, brought brand new from carphone warehouse, and I truly haven't dropped my phone or got it wet or anything! if seen comments from other people saying they have had the same since update, and mine started 2/3 days after I did the update... thanks for your help
0 Likes
Billy1967
First Poster
Options
Hi Tracy, did you manage to fix this problem? My wife's A20e is suffering from the same issue, any advice? Thanks, Simon
SamLou2021
First Poster
Options

Same for me now, not long done an upgrade but worrying

0 Likes